Pistol Magazines - Organizing 'em all

You know the labels aren't perfectly lined up you ocd bastard

Fck - I'll have to go fix that.

About 10 years ago I was coming home from somewhere, got to the campground, and I had some set of plans/tasks I was going to do. A, then B, then C. My wife told me that we should do B, then C, then A, (or summat), and I got pissed. Finally realized, and it was a real moment of insight into myself, that I was pissed because she was changing the sequence of actions that I'd planned and it was f***ing with my OCD. The change of sequence made absolutely NO difference, it was simply one of preference - but it pissed me off. It probably took me about an hour to figure out what the hell was going on - why I was upset.

Anyhow, I load mostly TiteGroup, but the other, smaller quantities of powder are associated on the shelves with the primers that I need for specific calibers. Such as N320 and LPP for .45ACP.

For pistol mags I use stackable plastic bins on the top shelf of my ammo cabinet, I label the bins "Glock" "Sig" "1911" "M&P" "Misc." etc.

I always have about 10-15 loaded G19 mags in my range bag because that's what I shoot the most.

Rifle mags stay loaded and stacked on a separate shelf.

For years I've used Ziploc plastic bags, labelled with what gun they are for. The bags then go into a large plastic bin.
I have 2 bins, one labelled "9/40", the other ".45". When I go to the range, I reach into the bin and grab the bag for the gun I'm taking.

Any reason to avoid using magnets that I'm not thinking of? Is a magnetized mag body a problem?

magnetizing them will attract certain debris, it's not a huge deal if you don't work around metal, but I'm an engineer in and out of a metal and machine shop all the time and I do a lot of welding so I avoid using magnets for magazines and other gun stuff.

a2608c209263665556048b3c0bdc21e73653dd0c.gifv

This storage shelf looks promising:
featured_preview_9dea8a94-3421-4135-a50c-6c6779240dae.png

What's cool about this one is the mag storage for each gun is located right below it. I also like the protrusion into magwell: it ensures the gun is never stored with a mag inside it. This is an ideal storage scenario for a non-defensive use safe.

Back
Top Bottom