Places you can't carry in MA

That's incredibly annoying. So basically carrying in a state forest is going to be a headache no matter what

A state forest is not a national park.

I answered wrt National Parks. However my answer applies to state forest/state parks in the sense that you need to study the applicable state laws on that PLUS the state hunting laws to understand what you can legally do.

Yes, it is a PITA and convoluted.

That's incredibly annoying. So basically carrying in a state forest is going to be a headache no matter what

No, it's not a big deal, at all. Then again I've never tried OCing, but don't really care to anyways. I've gone in the woods "minimally concealed" in NH and MA, with zero issues.

-Mike

I answered wrt National Parks. However my answer applies to state forest/state parks in the sense that you need to study the applicable state laws on that PLUS the state hunting laws to understand what you can legally do.

Agreed. I was merely clarifying, as he was seemingly conflating the two.

Agreed. I was merely clarifying, as he was seemingly conflating the two.

Yeah I wasn't really making the distinction between them. If it had trees, and was state property, I'm treating the issue the same, because I'm sure the park rangers are of the some mindset.

Just sucks because appendix carry of a G-19 while riding a mountain bike doing incline and decline is going to, well, suck....wicked bad.

Anyone going to Lexington and Concord for Patriot's Day needs to remember you cannot carry in the gift shop at the Old North Bridge.

As far as UMass, I had a kid in to the pediatric emergency room once. Waiting with the other kid in the waiting room was a girl, who was smiling at our kid and said hi and stuff. Everyone there seems sketchy at times. Then the other girl stood up and we noticed she was in handcuffs and leg shackles! We suddenly woke up to the fact that her "friends" and "family" were VERY sketchy. So, not carrying in UMass hospital? WHO exactly is protecting us there in the waiting area again?

I Seem to recall you're not allowed to carry in boston city hall as well, not certain if there are metal detectors, but its town ordinance

Correct...

21-1 BOSTON CITY HALL AND THE BOSTON GOVERNMENT CENTER COMMISSION.

21-1.1 Possession, Detection of Weapons in City Hall.

No person other than a sworn officer of the Commonwealth, a member of the military service on active duty, or a constable, officer or official of the City or County having a license to carry firearms shall in any part of City Hall have possession of any dangerous weapon, which term shall include any firearm, and any item described in paragraphs (b) or (c) of Section 10 of Chapter 269 of the General Laws, unless authorized by the Commissioner of Real Property or that Commissioner's designee. If the Commissioner shall determine public safety requires, a system for detection of weapons may be established in City Hall and no person shall be admitted to, or enter, the building without submitting to such detection system. Any person violating the provisions hereof shall be punished by a fine of two hundred ($200.00) dollars.

(Ord. 1992 c. 3 § 2)

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....s$fn=document-frameset.htm$=server$3.0#LPHit1

Back
Top Bottom