Plate Carrier/Chest Rig

Naturally I invested in a lightweight plate carrier setup and have added to by belt. How do you go to the range and train without looking like a total tool or dumbass? The thought me of wearing body armor hitting steel targets for practice makes me feel almost worse than larping at home 😂

Tell anyone who thinks you're a tool they shouldn't have stopped buying gear and training if they planned on defending themselves to their best ability. What good is something you don't train in?

In house, cqb practice. Backyard do some Richard Simmons shit and get used to the gear. You will change configurations. That was the advice I was given.

The tree is my friend.
I also know my house and it’s construction.

if you need BA you are over matched and are f***ed. Reality!

training in body armor and not looking like a tool, probably impossible.

i train regularly with my belt setup at matches and sig classes

but my body armor and ballistic helmet and nods... has only been larped in.

someone here recommended a class for nightvision training, i might use that as an opportunity to wear plate carrier, since its at night maybe no one will notice :)

I go with armor, but it’s usually my issued armor, belt and helmet. F ‘em if they feel uncomfortable or think I’m weird. I’m getting done what I want to get done to stay competent.
Yeah remember that we don’t all have your privileges. I assume that you are in some service and not cartel lol.
Seriously, thanks for what you do.

Yeah remember that we don’t all have your privileges. I assume that you are in some service and not cartel lol.
Seriously, thanks for what you do.
If I had a personal plate carrier, I’d openly train in that too. I actually probably look even more LARPy than others. Thanks for the support though.

Naturally I invested in a lightweight plate carrier setup and have added to by belt. How do you go to the range and train without looking like a total tool or dumbass? The thought me of wearing body armor hitting steel targets for practice makes me feel almost worse than larping at home 😂

At my old range, I never wore any of my gear. The new range I have been frequenting for the last year (which I am now a member), I use my battle belt every time I go. It also helps that there are other members there who also come with their gear as well.

I don't see any issue with wearing a plate carrier with armor while practicing at the range. Rifle set up, positioning, weight and exertion is totally different with a PC vs not wearing one - it would only benefit you to get used to training/practicing with it on.

You guys recommend any rigs/makers that fit larger frames? I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tube top.

Back
Top Bottom