Please Delete

Second, I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this unintended wear (maybe I just have a bad catch)

I'm not hating on Ruger, or the PC, it is a fun and accurate rifle to shoot, and I love the takedown feature, just not worth sacrificing my preban Glock mags for.

I'll look tonite, see if mine has the same marks on the mags.
On that note, I ended up buying 5 mags not long after the rifle, so I wouldn't be able to confirm if it was limited to "pre-bans" or not.

IIRC the mags go in loosely and mag release is pretty light. I don’t expect mag damage, but I’ll keep an eye on it

Not ideal. I have the same issue with a recent AR9 build. Mag catch is metal and sharp as hell. I figure though, I could always shave, sand, and restructure with epoxy if it gets truly mangled.

Here's a serious question though--Ruger has almost zero info on their mag catches for the PC Carbine online. Doesn't even seem like you can buy a spare one. Where's the info on this part?

When a part of your old mag wears out, why don’t you just replace it?

This is my great-grandfather's axe, it's been in the family for four generations.
My grandfather replaced the handle once.
My dad replaced the head because it was had a nick in it that he couldn't sharpen out.
I replaced the handle again because I'm shorter than my dad.
It's my great grandfather's axe, it's been in the family for four generations.

So after looking, I did not find any clash marks on the mags.
Rifle was purchased about a week or so after they became available for sale.
Mags were new 10 rd'rs, glock factory (from mec-gar website I believe)

As for replacement mag catches-
Volquartsen might make something (they have a ton for 10/22 rifles)
Didn't really do a thorough aftermarket search, but I'm sure somethings out there by now

Back
Top Bottom