Please do NOT list 'All Lawful Purposes'

late08

NES Member
Hi! I have since moved out of state (so I dont keep up with things as much), but I got an email from a friend of mine who is applying for an in-state LTC. He mentioned his application says "Please do NOT list 'All Lawful Purposes'" under the reason for issuance section.

I took a look at the resident LTC application hosted on the state's website and there is no mention of that there. I assume this is a locality thing?

Its technically a "green" town, so not even sure what to tell him.

Don’t need to tell him anything. The cops already have.

A number of towns do this. It doesn’t make it right, but this is MA.

This is for Hudson, MA. Unless something changed everyone I knew there got unrestricted first and on renewals, and that was fairly recently.

What I have seen folks do in the past is just flood the reason for issuance section......."self-defense, target shooting, sporting, hunting, training, pistol shooting, IDPA, etc..etc...".

I would love to put this on it.. Yea, yea. I know !! If I was a rich and had millions. I would just to fight it in court.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

A friend listed:
"Selling drugs."

He is a pharmacist. They did ask him about it, laughed, and issued an unrestricted. I think Falmouth, but it may have been Mashpee or one of the other towns east.

His application had "Do not put All Legal Purposes" on it. He called me out about it since I told him to write "ALP".

Whomever sets a policy that "All Lawful Purpose" is "not acceptable" for an LTC application is
A D**CHE, P.O.S. , A**H**E.

*doesn't matter if the town is Green, Red, Black or Blue.

*whomever means the POLICY MAKER, may or may-not be the Licensing Officer.

When I first got my LTC about 1975 or so, the reason was "Carrying Large Sums of Money".
My first license in Norwood MA in 1980 was issued for "protection of life and property" (the equivalent of all lawful purposes).
My current license (Boston) is restricted of course.

Whomever sets a policy that "All Lawful Purpose" is "not acceptable" for an LTC application is
A D**CHE, P.O.S. , A**H**E.

*doesn't matter if the town is Green, Red, Black or Blue.

*whomever means the POLICY MAKER, may or may-not be the Licensing Officer.

Agreed. But this doesn’t help the OP.

i2sft7vbpu421.jpg

When I picked up my application years ago, the cop at the desk told me, "On this line write "All lawful purposes". "Our Chief does not issue restricted licenses. As long as you are not disqualified you will get an unrestricted ltc."
It seems kind of petty to insist another reason be given. Almost makes you want to ask them how they would like to see it written if you want it for all lawful purposes.

Back
Top Bottom