Plymouth Gun show ?

The link for the flyer is titled March 13... But the flyer itself shows dates as March 23rd an 24th. Just pointing this out so no one drives down there on Wendsday the 13th only to be very disappointed when they get there. [wink]

Last edited:
Any better than last weeks in Wilmington ?
not really but I went to the Plymouth one last year and scored a bushmaster for 658 but I wouldn't expect any bargains. I know it will be just as packed as wilmington because of the gun craze but I'm going to score some more ammo just like i did in Wilmington

Plymouth is MUCH larger than Wilmington and the lanes were very wide at the last show. Lots of vendors and you get to walk on AstroTurf so your feet actually last the whole day. Mostly the same crowd as a Marlboro show.

I won't be going to this one, here's a comment about the December Plymouth show I pulled from the last thread:

I went and left after an hour. It was in my opinion pretty fail. All of the prices were horrendous. Nearly everything I looked at in terms of used firearms were at least fifty to two hundred dollars more than it would cost brand new. Compared to the one I go to in Marlboro there were far too few tables selling actual firearms and WAY too many selling antiques, novelty items, accessories and flash lights. I would not recommend the long drive, gas money and entrance fee. But that could just be my opinion.

And this was a week before Sandy Hook when the feeding frenzy kicked into full retard overdrive.
There were also other comments about the parking situation in Plymouth sucking ass.
I guess people had to park at the Home Depot lot down the road, provided they weren't lucky enough to get a spot in a muddy field.

I'm thinking about this one...

How is it really???

I don't want to drive 4 hours one way to a sucky show...

Or should I just wait to Marlboro, which is only a few hours drive...

As far as what shows are when I always look at this (and you can print a $1 discount card there also) :

http://www.northeastgunshows.com/

Last edited:
The one in December did suck and was more flea market like than gunshow. Parking is poor but it is only a short walk across the street and down the hill from the shopping center nearby. I stll plan on going but only because I am local..I would not drive 4 hours for this one..

I'm not really looking for deals on ammo or guns, I know better, I am looking for things like a magazines and slings for the 2 rifles I am building. Should I even bother or just keep cruising the internet?

I've been going to boat shows since I was a little kid and now I work at them. My view on these kinds of shows, and I'm now going to apply the same logic to gun shows, is to go see things and get exposed to ideas and products I wouldn't normally get to see by staying at home. I'm not experienced enough to spot a good deal so I'm not even expecting to buy anything. But, since I'm very local, I'm still going to go to this show and enjoy a few hours participating in the firearms hobby.

I will be having my Boston Police display there again, this time I will put up a NES sign or something as many NES'ers come by and then say later "I wish I knew you were Ben..."

one thing to remember the parking is horrible there! Get there early, except on Sunday as my wife is making me go to church before heading to the show and I won't get there until about 9 am and want a spot, so go late on Sunday [rofl]

Just got the mailer. Well, my wife did. I'm not sure why I don't get them.

Might go, not too far for me. Didn't end up going to Marlboro since I bought something the day before. I'm only really looking for ammo though .22, 9mm and 12ga. Not sure if it'd be worth it.

Does anyone know if they will have primers?

Glenn Sorenson usually has them and if stock is available his prices are usually reasonable (whatever that means these days). However, his specialty is reloading supplies so he could sell out very quickly due to universal shortages out there.

Glenn Sorenson usually has them and if stock is available his prices are usually reasonable (whatever that means these days). However, his specialty is reloading supplies so he could sell out very quickly due to universal shortages out there.
I'm heading up there Friday night with the wife. Where getting a room at the Hilton with a hot tub [smile] I plan on getting there at least an hour before the doors even open so I can get right to the ammo and reloading supplies. Thank you for the heads up!

Big_D

If there was anything anyone wanted, it would already be sold. Why are vendors going to drag out guns and ammo there when they can't even keep them in the stores? Probably be nothing but crappy WW II memorabilia and Chinese knives.

Ed.... there is a dealer that usually does all the MA shows that has had a nice selection of AK slings lately and at fair prices. Mags are there but hit or miss on price. I dig through boxes just to find that one or two with a rare stamp.

Ed.... there is a dealer that usually does all the MA shows that has had a nice selection of AK slings lately and at fair prices. Mags are there but hit or miss on price. I dig through boxes just to find that one or two with a rare stamp.

Mmmmmmhmmmmmmm. You want to take the ride with me?

The one in December did suck and was more flea market like than gunshow. Parking is poor but it is only a short walk across the street and down the hill from the shopping center nearby. I stll plan on going but only because I am local..I would not drive 4 hours for this one..

Its a crappy walk to the HD parking lot up that hill and across the street if you are lugging a case of ammo though. I went on my bike the first time they had the show there and parked right outside the door. I didn't go to the December show. It wasn't a bad show though. I don't expect any great deals but I am going.

Anyone want to car pool from the Worcester area?

Plan is to be there early, wait in the long ass line and get in a few minutes after the doors open. I can probably meet you at your place and then head up to the show. Its only about 20 mins away.

Kaisha and I are in,maybe hit main street Plymouth for beers afterwords?

Eta...
Uggh, gotta to be Sunday for us though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom