• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth Ma. April 25th & 26th

Went to kill some time today. Didn't think it was a very great show. Other than a little bit of beef jerky, I didn't come away with anything today. One dealer had some nice Colt 1911s, but didn't get a chance to handle them as he had a crowd around the display wanting to do the same thing. They looked like very recent models too and I wanted to ask him it was possible for MA residents to buy as they didn't look MA compliant. All in all, I didn't think it was worth my time.

Gun shows are just that a show , although they are showing less and less. Face it Ma is not the best venue for gun shows. When I do go I bring a list of items you won't find at local gun shops.
I look through the bins of used stuff. Always looking for old target sights. Snagged a nice old Lyman few years ago for 25$ as for compliant models that's on the FFL dealer if he is selling non compliant models it's his ass.
Your key words.....kill time. If I had nothing to do today I most likely would go. Just to walk around.

The word from the other vendors is they're all pretty tired of the plymouth show. Fewer and fewer are coming. I think this one still be off the list soon.

Damn. This depressing. I was definitely planning on going tomorrow but these reviews are a buzz kill.

Who am I kidding... Yard work... or gun show and then beer and a burger at KKatie's? See you at the show.

Just got back. It was actually a pretty good show. I picked up some ar mags and some ammo. My friend got what I thought was the deal of the century - a like new Sig 938 for $520 with box, papers and holster (from Jason Kulas Customs). There was hardly any crowd so it was easy to walk around. Ammo prices were decent. Box of S&B 9mm for $12 a box. I saw .45 ACP for $22 a box.

Went to kill some time today. Didn't think it was a very great show. Other than a little bit of beef jerky, I didn't come away with anything today. One dealer had some nice Colt 1911s, but didn't get a chance to handle them as he had a crowd around the display wanting to do the same thing. They looked like very recent models too and I wanted to ask him it was possible for MA residents to buy as they didn't look MA compliant. All in all, I didn't think it was worth my time.

Pray tell? What does a MA compliant gun look like? Enquiring minds would like to know?

As others said, if you see it and like it, do NOT ask any compliance questions . . . just tell them you'll buy it and if they sell it, enjoy and keep your mouth shut about where you got it.

Was in the area so I stopped in this afternoon. Small and it wasn't very busy. One vendor was saying it's a good spot, but nobody goes so they didn't expect this venue to last very much longer. I was looking through what ammo was left that the NY guys had and overheard one of the main guys there talking on his cell. He was saying that it was amazing how much people were willing to pay for ammo, that he didn't haggle on any price and basically with their elevated prices they did very well there. Yep, free enterprise.

I left without buying anything, though I was considering a small LED handgun light. Unfortunately the guy wouldn't budge on price on even though every online vendor had them for a lower price with free shipping. I like to buy local, but not with that much of a difference.

Just went not much selection and no glock 42 or 43

Well, one dealer had three 42's go out the door and took an order for another. The same dealer had a 43 on hand to be fondled and has three at his shop right now waiting for them to make the roster.

I've been wanting a Rossi 92 , 16" in 38/357. There were at least six there and I bought one for a good price. There was just enough people where you could see things, talk with sellers, and buy without it taking all day. I'm glad I went. Kind of funny that they have it in a building that does day care for little kids! Wait til someone figures that out. The "spirit" of some gun will harm the kids! (Chief Elizabeth Warren comment! LOL) The artificial grass was great walking on, easy on the feet.

I've been wanting a Rossi 92 , 16" in 38/357. There were at least six there and I bought one for a good price. There was just enough people where you could see things, talk with sellers, and buy without it taking all day. I'm glad I went. Kind of funny that they have it in a building that does day care for little kids! Wait til someone figures that out. The "spirit" of some gun will harm the kids! (Chief Elizabeth Warren comment! LOL) The artificial grass was great walking on, easy on the feet.

I ended up buying more little items at this show for the same reasons you cite. I was really able to look at the merchandise without feeling rushed or harried.

Back
Top Bottom