Plymouth Show 4/26

Never been to a show and from reading these idk why I would, sounds like everyone there is trying to bend you over. I was thinking of taking a ride tomorrow to look for some preban mags but doubting it now, seems like IF I did find them they would be asking 100 a piece and id hate to drive all the way there to find them then walk away over FR price

Oh you just gotta go to at least a few. Especially if you have nothing else to do and it is a rainy day!

It is a cool way to see lots of stuff that you may not see otherwise, even if you don't buy. I kinda like the Holbrook show. Cheap tasty eats and some cool stuff. I have not seen any great deals on firearms or ammo to speak of but always leave with something. I picked up my edc knife at Holbrook ( CRKT M21) and an Otis cleaning kit.

I have not been to the Plymouth show but would like to.

Oh you just gotta go to at least a few. Especially if you have nothing else to do and it is a rainy day!

It is a cool way to see lots of stuff that you may not see otherwise, even if you don't buy. I kinda like the Holbrook show. Cheap tasty eats and some cool stuff. I have not seen any great deals on firearms or ammo to speak of but always leave with something. I picked up my edc knife at Holbrook ( CRKT M21) and an Otis cleaning kit.

I have not been to the Plymouth show but would like to.

ill probably go tomorrow afternoon, im thinking before they close up would be the time to get a good deal

I went for the first time today. I was looking specifically for a 91/30 Mosin Nagant and happy to say, I left with one!!! VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

I saw no MilSurp 54R. One vendor had PPU for $20/box ($13/box plus shipping to free states last time I searched online) so no deal there, same vendor had lacquered steel but I didn't note the price.

I saw a few very nice 91-30s on one table, hangtags said matching numbers but I didn't pick up and confirm. Furniture was really clean. A little spendy for M-Ns at $199 but if the bore was as clean as the bolt and the wood, it would be a good pickup.

I may have bought the one you're referring to. This 91/30 was one of the cleanest I've seen. Super clean bore, all matching numbers and all of the original accessories. I think I got a great deal at $189. There were others selling for the same price that weren't nearly as nice. I didn't come away with any ammo though, prices seemed to be a bit steep at least for what I was seeing.

Sent from my iPhone

I did see one vendor that had five or six 20rd boxes in a plastic bag for $50, probably the best 54R deal I saw.
I left it since I've got enough milsurp to last me a while.

Went yesterday. This time was notably smaller than previous shows. No leather guy, no beef jerky guy, no guy with all the milsurp gun parts.

That said, I actually saw some reasonable prices on a lot of stuff. A couple vendors still seem to either be trying to take advantage of gun show n00b's or are trying to recoup post-Newtown acquisition losses, but generally, I didn't scoff at nearly everything as I have at past shows.

I saw the beef jerky guy! I don't eat the stuff but he was there. Haha. Other than that it was a relatively small show. There were way more accessories for sale than there were guns but thats part of the fun of it.

Jerky guy was there; smoked cheese, aged sausage, big boxes of jerky with some kind of honor-system "drop a buck and grab a bite" arrangement. I'm not a fan of jerky so I didn't pay it too much attention, and I'm afraid to try aged sausage since my smoking habit already consumes too much time and money!
Along the right wall.

Not a bad show today. Got there at 9. Lot was empty on the grass side. A bit of a line at first. Smaller than usual. Not as much ammo as I'd like to see. My buddy got his first 91/30. And I got a new soft double case. Had to talk the guy down due to it not having a shoulder strap. His didn't seem to mind. Then found a strap at a different vendor. All and all. Not a bad show for a rainy Sunday.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I did see one vendor that had five or six 20rd boxes in a plastic bag for $50, probably the best 54R deal I saw.
I left it since I've got enough milsurp to last me a while.

Prob would've bought that if I had seen it!!!

Sent from my iPhone

He he was there. All I saw there was a bunch of overpriced M&P pistols - selling second hand guns for hundreds more than FS is selling them for new. Couple Colt pistols that were probably about right but not what I was looking for. Overpriced ARs, and picked over over priced ammo. Maybe should have went yesterday.

Does anybody know the name of the shop that was at the front and over to the right.
Guy seemed like he was local, guys were calling him Terry.
I think he may of been the only guy there with Windham Weaponry ar's.

Does anybody know the name of the shop that was at the front and over to the right.
Guy seemed like he was local, guys were calling him Terry.
I think he may of been the only guy there with Windham Weaponry ar's.

That's Terry from Collector's Firearms in Pelham, NH. Pretty sure they have a shop in Chelmsford, MA. too.

This show wasn't too bad, but missing lots of vendors. The one ammo guy that showed up was not "NY Steve" so the prices weren't full retard, I even noticed some of his case prices had come down slightly from the last show I saw them at.

The concessions at this show are TERRIBLE. The only thing worth buying is the chicken fingers + fries, if you're into that sort of thing... forget about getting any BBQ sauce with it though.

-Mike

I had a great time at the show. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398807027262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398807027262.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398807052382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398807052382.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 77
Never been to a show and from reading these idk why I would,...
AM13, I hope that you decided to attend the show because as someone else said you will see a lot of things for sale that you probably would not see anywhere else. For someone looking to buy a gun there is no better place than these gun shows because of the variety and volume of firearms, both old and new, that are on display. There is no retailer in the country that has the inventory you can handle and investigate as you can at these shows.

Specialization by vendors is another plus because they will have a much larger variety of things like the magazine you were looking for, gun cases, optics, knives, antique and collectible arms, military memorabilia, gun cleaning tools and supplies like I sell, etc... No general retailer is going to have as many varieties of items as the specialized vendor because there just isn't room in a store for everything. The gun shows come about as close as you can come to that so if you didn't go to this show I hope that you visit one in the future.

Gary

AM13, I hope that you decided to attend the show because as someone else said you will see a lot of things for sale that you probably would not see anywhere else. For someone looking to buy a gun there is no better place than these gun shows because of the variety and volume of firearms, both old and new, that are on display. There is no retailer in the country that has the inventory you can handle and investigate as you can at these shows.

Specialization by vendors is another plus because they will have a much larger variety of things like the magazine you were looking for, gun cases, optics, knives, antique and collectible arms, military memorabilia, gun cleaning tools and supplies like I sell, etc... No general retailer is going to have as many varieties of items as the specialized vendor because there just isn't room in a store for everything. The gun shows come about as close as you can come to that so if you didn't go to this show I hope that you visit one in the future.

Gary

Just who exactly are you trying to fool?

Just who exactly are you trying to fool?

4 posts and this was the first one on 6/10/13 right after a W. Springfield show.

"Thank you to all who stopped by our table at the show. Being in a room filled with people who like guns made the heat bearable and I hope that it did the same for you."

Makes you go "hmmm?"

Back
Top Bottom