• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth this weekend

Knob Creek

NES Member
Oct 31 & Nov 1. What's the general feeling on this? Flyer says 300 tables. Buzzards Bay Tactical will be there. They always have nice stuff. Not sure what other vendors will be there.

The good news is there will be plenty of parking and a short line to get in.

The bad news is 300 tables is a stretch.

If you do go, bring a flashlight if you want to inspect anything in the far right of the show (unless they have fixed the lights, which have been broken for 2+ years).

I went to the one last October. The only reason i am going again is ammo was somewhat decent priced last year (1k tula 7.62x39 250$ otd). They also had a large caliber selection, and had some calibers that i didn't expect to see in good numbers. I certainly wouldn't say there's a lot of deals to be had on firearms though (750 WASR's[hmmm]).

I believe this is the last show for this venue. It's being replaced by the one in Foxboro. The last one they had in Plymouth there were only half the vendors that they had when they first started about 2 years ago. It would be interesting to see how many dealers show up. The nice thing is that when you walk in you can see out onto the show floor to see how full the place is before you pay. If it looks empty it might not be worth the $12 admission fee.

I might attend this one if it's going to be the last Plymouth show ever. It's only like a 20 minute drive for me anyhow. I'm looking for .30 carbine ammo.

Haven't been to a show in years. Plymouth was the last. I watched a kid who was obviously new to shooting,purchase a stripped lower for $250.00. The guy selling it said" since you bought the lower, I'll give you a good deal on the lpk. Gonna give it to you for $100.". I stopped and did a double take. The guy behind the table scowled at me.

Last edited:
Don't forget to visit the local shops, after being disappointed at the Plymouth show, Plymouth Bay Outfitters, Outback Arms in Plympton, and Archer Arms in Carver. Archer Arms in Carver is closing up shop for good on November Nov. 28th.

I'm heading over around 1 today with my son. We've enjoyed it in the past-if just for entertainment value. Wish there were more vendors but i do like the fact that it's not as crowded as Marlboro.

Got there at 8:50. Virtually no line plenty of parking. 200? tables. Terry Goode had some nice Krags and a few Garands. Not a total loss. Rumor on the floor was it was the last show.

It was as advertised, but I still had a good time. Only about 3/4. In fact a couple of dealers had their trailers inside. Since I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I wasn't disappointed.
Hopefully Foxboro will be a better venue.

Man I got to get into the "pre-ban" (read: undated) A.R. 15 mag business..... . Just because it has a colt floorplate does not mean it is a colt magazine. The best part was right next to the magazines was a bin full of floorplates by ASC and C-products... Sucker born every minute I guess.

I was specifically looking for a real gun belt, M-14 and M-16 repack kits and ammo cans struck out.

I did pick up one pre-ban magazine so that I have an even number of them and an AK sight tool.

Much to my dismay I couldn't find any loopholes

A repeat of the last Plymouth show.
This exactly. A perfect "carbon copy" show. [wink] As best as I could tell, every legit gun, parts &/or ammo dealer that was at the last two Plymouth shows was at this show too. They were even set-up in the same spots, more or less. So much for the prediction that there would be a mass exodus of dealers just because... Plymouth. Crowd size was about the same as well. If anything, it might have been up a little from the last show.

I made some good scores so I was pleased that I didn't blow it off. [grin]

It was as advertised, but I still had a good time. Only about 3/4. In fact a couple of dealers had their trailers inside. Since I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I wasn't disappointed.
Hopefully Foxboro will be a better venue.

^That about sums it up. One of the guys I was with scored a nice S&W model 64 RB 2" for $325. I picked up some movies and some ammo.

As far as I am concerned these gun show guys have done it to themselves, I still have a vivid memory of the gouging they were up to not so long ago, Gun shows use to be a place to get a deal not pay full retail or over.

Dean

My dad just stopped by after going and scored a CZ 612 HD shotgun for $350, was marked at $400

Did anyone see any Mosin Nagants? I'm almost afraid to ask.

I did see one for 300 bucks... Standard 91/30 nothing crazy. PM if you interested in a type 53. Picked up a PU and need to move something out to make room. The ammo selection had me a little nervous. Zero 7.62x54R and i bought a tuna can of 640 7.62x39 for .29 a round that might of been the last tin (in that quantity). Overall i would say about the same as last time maybe a little smaller. Bring exactly 12 bucks for admission. They had a sign that said "exact change only".

As far as I am concerned these gun show guys have done it to themselves, I still have a vivid memory of the gouging they were up to not so long ago, Gun shows use to be a place to get a deal not pay full retail or over.

Dean

I can't say gun shows where always a place for deals. What it used to be is a place to hunt down items and have a large selection to choose from with deals thrown in. I offer what I'm willing to pay, if they say no I move on.
Used to love the vendor with all the random gun parts. Have not seen much of him in the past. I have had a gun show list of items for 20 years, I have checked off 8 items at gun shows....the rest has been found on line.

Gun shows are simple a venue to look at stuff your normally not going to see locally. I think if you really don't know what your looking for and know the value gun shows will disappoint.

I often wonder how much some vendors really have invested. It seems like they haul around 70% of the same shit year after year. Instead of pricing it to sell.

As for 54r or any bulk ammo.....pretty simple if the NY guys are not there there is not any bulk ammo.

Today was to nice of a day to go to the show for me. I had just as much fun going through boxes of stuff I forgot I had. Like a WWII dated British 303 bando and clips....completely forgot I got it!

- - - Updated - - -

My dad just stopped by after going and scored a CZ 612 HD shotgun for $350, was marked at $400

If he was happy that's good........

Back
Top Bottom