• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PM from Associated Press?....Scam?

I wouldn’t talk to medias. All they typically do is twist your words into a pretzel and try to change the meaning of what you told them….. its hard to get a fair shake. Silence is golden.

FCEF5636-82CB-4BBA-817D-0CC29D255A38.jpeg

He is likely casting a wide net. If you come across as reasonable and sane, your story won’t see print. He is likely looking for the doomsday prepped, white supremacy gun owner to get clicks. Nobody wants to read about a hunter sticking up for duck season or an IDPA shooter who practices a lot.

Probably legit pm. I belong to a .Mil site as well and several times we’ve had reporters and writers show up uninvited and ask if anyone will talk to them for a book or whatever, this sounds similar.

You know the deal brother. Silence is golden.

You talk to this guy you are almost guaranteed to be painted as a hillbilly red neck white racist nationalist terrorist.

You’ll have screaming green hairs on your doorstep and you’ll be cancelled from your job and ostracized by acquaintances.

But if you’re good with that, yeah, go for it 😂😂😂

You talk to this guy you are almost guaranteed to be painted as a hillbilly red neck white racist nationalist terrorist.

You’ll have screaming green hairs on your doorstep and you’ll be cancelled from your job and ostracized by acquaintances.

But if you’re good with that, yeah, go for it 😂😂😂
1650996523217.png

talk to him, tell him how you transitioned to the opposite sex, think Musk is going to ruin free speech in the twittersphere, wish Hillary hadn't had the election stolen from her by the Russian bots in 2016, and followed our POTUS's directive to go buy double barreled shotgun after covid to keep all the transphobic, racists trump supporters from stealing your almond milk lattes, but you're having trouble finding any shotgun shells since all the preppers/racists bought everything....

Tim Sullivan

Might be legit. But whether you want to talk to a reporter?
Bingo! The last time someone on NES invited the media in to explain why the AWB doesn't do squat, the AG held a press conference and the cost of ARs/AKs went thru the roof!

Absolutely nothing good can come from talking with the spin-doctors.

Mums the word!

Part of me would want to talk to him, but be fully prepared to use the stats - social injustice to our favor.

For example, if we could get minorities to speak up and say that the skyrocketing cost and lack of ammunition locally is causing them problems. It's unfair to people in lower income cities, people of color, LBGTQ+ and other groups that they can't easily order from online retailers at a lower cost... and that MA is racist and bigoted because it's putting more financial burden on them compared to open states, then maybe this could be a good opportunity.

Part of me would want to talk to him, but be fully prepared to use the stats - social injustice to our favor.

For example, if we could get minorities to speak up and say that the skyrocketing cost and lack of ammunition locally is causing them problems. It's unfair to people in lower income cities, people of color, LBGTQ+ and other groups that they can't easily order from online retailers at a lower cost... and that MA is racist and bigoted because it's putting more financial burden on them compared to open states, then maybe this could be a good opportunity.
No. Please. Just don’t. They cannot be trusted for shit and are just as responsible for all the J6 political prisoners, TDS rioting and violence and every lying commie propaganda piece out there.

Probably legit pm. I belong to a .Mil site as well and several times we’ve had reporters and writers show up uninvited and ask if anyone will talk to them for a book or whatever, this sounds similar.

You know the deal brother. Silence is golden.
Been quoted about Belichick a number of times. Always got all the contact info and often recorded the interview. Often insisted my name not be used. The one time I did not record the conversation, what appeared in print was about 80% correct.

So if anyone does talk to a reporter or author, and you live in MA or another two party state, get out a recorder, ask them if you can tape, then when they say yes, turn on the recorder and state, “OK you have given me permission to record this conversation, correct?” So you have his agreement on the recording.

Dude. No.

No. Please. Just don’t. They cannot be trusted for shit and are just as responsible for all the J6 political prisoners, TDS rioting and violence and every lying commie propaganda piece out there.

Dude. No.

I know.. it wouldn't work out, but I get frustrated when they play these games and twist things. I wish we could use the same platforms equally.

But what I wrote is exactly what the opposition would do for a cause they wanted to extort.

I can’t imagine anything positive coming from it. Even if he writes a good article it’s not like some low-info anti gun wack job is going to see the light.

Side note, this is another datapoint that shows that gun forums like NES get noticed by “outsiders.”

Ammo / Gun sales nationwide have been on a one-way trajectory (upwards) since Sandy Hook. Anyone who has participated in this latest buying frenzy is simply late to the party. Just MHO.
All the above mentioned reasons, safety and scarcity in all forms.

Back
Top Bottom