PMC primer issue?

jron

NES Member
When I was shooting yesterday in the middle of the mag my Tavor jammed up. So I cleared the malfunction and the bolt would close up. So I dropped the mag out, locked the bolt back and looked down into the chamber and noticed what appeared to be a piece of brass. I then field stripped the riffle and looked down and noticed it looked odd, so I grabbed the cleaning rod out of the kit and was able to scrape off the smashed brass. Tavor was fine after that. Now at the end of the trip I was picking up brass and found one of the spent casings was all beat up and the primer fell out. Came to realization that the primer actually jumped/fell out of the casing during the process of firing/ejecting and the bolt crushed the primer on the lip of the barrel and was the reason the system wouldn't close up to fire a new round.

So has anyone had this type of issue with pmc or any other ammo? I have used quite a bit of pmc and just think it was kind of a fluke or something. I Dont even know what to technically call what happened. lol

FullSizeRender (1).jpg IMG_1110.JPG IMG_1111.JPG

Attachments

• Attachments_2015322.zip
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
I've had this happen. Spent primer jammed up the trigger. Twice IIRC. I t h ink it is pretty common.

Back
Top Bottom