Pocket carry Airweight?

Does anyone here front pocket carry an Airweight revolver? I've noticed sometimes I choose not to carry because of certain clothing choices and need a pocket pistol for those occasions.

I rock an LCR in .38spl. It's my gun when I'm not carrying a gun, and I have yet to find any type of seasonal clothing that I can't conceal it in.

If you go this route, practice a lot because they're beasts to shoot well.

I front pocket carry an S&W Model 60 no dash (I'm dashing enough by myself). It is just heavy enough to be noticeable to me but no problems printing or finding pants that will fit. I'd like to get an LCR or Airweight no lock to give me comfortable and comforting at the same time, but will use my derringer for bathing suits until then.

Does anyone here front pocket carry an Airweight revolver? I've noticed sometimes I choose not to carry because of certain clothing choices and need a pocket pistol for those occasions.

J Frame with a Mika pocket holster. They come with a round, or square cut bottom, depending on pocket shape. Buy two. Fantastic, quality rig that stays put when you draw. Just remember, very shallow pockets will have you walking around with your "butt" exposed, as with any pocket gun. [wink]

I do. I wanted something for summer CCW (shorts and t-shirt). I carry a S&W 642 with 38+P ammo. I use a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster. Very comfortable. Barely prints. Reliably leaves holster in the pocket when I draw.

i also carry an lcr (same as the airweight) in regular business slacks and/or cargo shorts/pants with no problem. jeans in my own size are a problem, it'll fit without drawing attention, but retrieving in a critical situation would require a bit of hassle. i too considered a pocket pistol.

i try to owb when wearing jeans(flannel button down,zippered hoodie, etc.) i was tempted to go with a pocket pistol for theses situations, but figured i have 5 rounds now, why spend cash to go to 7.

if my budget was unlimited, i would do it. but i didn't have a 9 yet, only enough cash for 1 new gun now, so i went with the sr9c for winter carry, range trips and happy with my choice (tow-tone, sweet looking, it was love at first sight)

i'll deal with the lcr pocket carry issue as it comes up--- hope this helps

Galco leather or Uncle Mike's #3 holsters work well with my 642 in cargo shorts, Carhartts, most slacks. Check the depth of the pockets when you're shopping for pants. There is a weight difference you can feel between between the Airweights and steel J-frames.

i pocket carry a G26 or sometimes even a G19. mostly in the summer when I'm wearing cargo shorts with big pockets.

my friend carries his airframe in his pockets often, he has one of the pocket shaped holsters for it it seems to work well.

In Winter I pocket carry in an overcoat with a hammer less S&W 442 , +p rounds. I don't even have to show the weapon to fire it.Sweet

I have a 642. But ever since I got a Kahr PM9, I don't carry my 642 anymore. The PM9 is just as easy to pocket carry as my 642, but it has more rounds, is faster to reload, and has real sights. I find the PM9 is far easier to shoot accurately than the 642.

My warm weather carry is a S&W 637 loaded with Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 135gr+P in a DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster. I practice drawing with my thumb on the hammer to avoid snagging, but I'm used to it by now, and would rather have the DA/SA option than DAO. Love pocket carry in the summer, it's so much quicker than setting up and positioning an IWB when you're in a hurry. FWIW, my IWB is a S&W M&P9c in a Crossbreed SuperTuck, which is also a great setup.

637-1.jpg637-2.jpg

Last edited:
I dont pocket carry much because I have a huge phone that also goes into my pocket but I have a few times with my S&W 638

I pocket carry my s&w 360pd. Not often but from time to time I do. No holster.Its small and light,Not noticeable. It is however one of the most obnoxious little guns in the world to shoot.

J Frame with a Mika pocket holster. They come with a round, or square cut bottom, depending on pocket shape. Buy two. Fantastic, quality rig that stays put when you draw. Just remember, very shallow pockets will have you walking around with your "butt" exposed, as with any pocket gun. [wink]

Yup, I bought one of each for my 642 and carried that way for ~5 years every day. I've since switched, see next comment.

I have a 642. But ever since I got a Kahr PM9, I don't carry my 642 anymore. The PM9 is just as easy to pocket carry as my 642, but it has more rounds, is faster to reload, and has real sights. I find the PM9 is far easier to shoot accurately than the 642.

Same here. I ordered a Mika for my PM9 and then it became the go-to pocket carry gun instead of the 642. I normally carry something bigger IWB, but there are times where pocket carry is the only viable option.

I always feel weird pocket carrying I feel like its so obvious

You won't with a hammerless j frame in a Mika. It's part of his magic to make it NOT be obvious. Of course this won't work with skin-tight pants, but works fine with dress slacks or cargo pants equally well.

Same here. I find the PM9 to be easier to conceal in addition to the other benefits mentioned above.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Going against the grain here.. I pocket carry a Seecamp or a p238. But find a J too thick for pocket carry, primarily jeans.

So I go iwb with my Js..

Desantis Nemesis and 442 here. Very comfy.

Ditto. Only prints jeans if they're too tight, which is now happening cuz my wife taught my daughter to be an even better Italian cook than she is, so Dad's waistline is expanding rapidly.

In seriousness though, the 442 in the nemesis is great. I'd like more rounds, but want a revolver for reliable quick anti-mugger draw...Also I don't ever wanna face two muggers and hear my automatic go "click" instead of my revolver's "bang"....

Back
Top Bottom