• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

pocket carry without pocket holster

"he was just turning his life around"

Holmes' pastor at The Power of The Word Worship Center, said Cochran was a good person who had plans to join the military after overcoming problems in his life.

"He was a very outgoing young man; he was very sweet," Brown said. "He was a part of our youth ministry. Always wanted to do the right thing. Yes, he had some trouble in the past, but when he came out, he had his head on right."

Cochran spent 10 months in prison after a conviction for strong-arm robbery. He was released in April.

On June 5, he was arrested and accused of shooting a firearm in West Ashley.

For academic purposes only... How many laws was this kid in violation of??

under 21 handgun.
Felon in posession of a gun, probably mutliple times (w/ the jun 5 fiasco).
got to be a few parole violations in there.

So the question is.. How is it that he did not get his ccw permit revoked on the June 5 incident? How was he able to pass the background check and (presumably) 7 day waiting period for the .32?
Proof that gun laws work and that if we just close the gun show loophole, this person would be alive and persuing their phd in oceanography, right?
/sarcasm off..

under 21 handgun

Of the many laws he was in violation of, this is probably not one.

The incident happened in South Carolina, and though I don't know specifically, I doubt they have a prohibition on handgun ownship by those uner 21 years as Massachusetts does. In fact MA's law regarding possession of handgun for 21 and older is only since 1998.

Federal law says that FFL dealers can only sell to 21y, but prohibits ownership to juveniles (i.e. under 18). It is common in many places for a parent to give a handgun to someone 18-21 -- and was possible in MA as recently as 11 years ago.

Last edited:
Of the many laws he was inviolation of, this is probably not one.

The incident happened in South Carolina, and though I don't know specifically, I doubt they have a prohibition on handgun ownship by those uner 21 years as Massachusetts does. In fact MA's law regarding possession of handgun for 21 and older is only since 1998.

Federal law says that FFL dealers can only sell to 21y, but prohibits ownership to juveniles (i.e. under 18). It is common in many places for a parent to give a handgun to someone 18-21 -- and was possible in MA as recently as 11 years ago.

I stand corrected. I thought under 21 handgun posession was federal.
I suppose it makes sense that things are different in the civilized world...

Tests confirmed that the fatal round was fired from the .32-caliber pistol Cochran kept in the back pocket of his low-hanging pants,...

I know he was bending forward at the time, but one has to wonder just how low those pants were for him to get hit in the chest.

I don't think this could ever happen to me. I try to keep my pants at my waist and I don't think I could bend that far forward, so that's one less thing I'll have to worry about. [laugh]

I know he was bending forward at the time, but one has to wonder just how low those pants were for him to get hit in the chest.

I don't think this could ever happen to me. I try to keep my pants at my waist and I don't think I could bend that far forward, so that's one less thing I'll have to worry about. [laugh]

Lol... It does take some thinking. And I too, am curious as to how exactly this works.

I think what is needed here is one of those spectacular CNN animations (along the lines of the JFK "magic" bullett or the the TWA flight 800 center fuel tank electrical explosion).

HAHAHA i love the old turning his life around routine... What a load of crap... thats why your illegally carrying a gun.. If he just tightened his belt he probably would have lived..

What kind of POS gun was he carrying? Some cheap auto with a round in the chamber and no decent safety system? or cocked and unlocked?

Back
Top Bottom