Pocket guns. What do you have? What do you like?

So, picking up my new M&P on friday... thinking of also picking up a pocket gun. I was eyeballing a Ruger LCP 380. What do you folks have? What do you like?

How does one secure one of these in a pocket?

I have a BG380, but have only pocket carried it with cargo shorts. I personally don't like pocket carry, though, but do still think that a smaller gun like these is easier to conceal even with IWB carry. I have a Remora holster that I can tuck in my waistband, or use for pocket carry if I wanted to. My favorite pocket sized gun is the Sig P238, which I am thinking about trading the BG in towards. They are really nice, but almost twice the cost of the BG. I have heard people talk about pocket carrying the Kahr PM9, but there is no way I could do that. It is a nice sized gun, but inmo too big for a pocket unless you are really big guy, with big pockets.

I've got a little beretta 950 jetfire. This thing is effin miniature. If you ever spot one, grab it. Nice little gun.

If you're okay with going a bit bigger, pick up a ruger LCR. It's on my list, disappears in your pocket, but unlike the beretta, you've got .357 on tap. instead of little .25 rounds.

I've been carrying an LCP for three years now...Every time I have a pair of britches hanging on my buns, it's in my pocket. I use a Desantis pocket holster for it. Still using the same one that I bought when I bought the LCP. It's starting to look a little worn but still works fine.

Carrying it does no good though if you don't learn to use it...the LCP has a bit of a snap when you fire it so it takes a little time to get use to it. Once I got used to the way it shot, it's been a great little pistol.

100_1851.jpg

I have a BG380, but have only pocket carried it with cargo shorts. I personally don't like pocket carry, though, but do still think that a smaller gun like these is easier to conceal even with IWB carry. I have a Remora holster that I can tuck in my waistband, or use for pocket carry if I wanted to. My favorite pocket sized gun is the Sig P238, which I am thinking about trading the BG in towards. They are really nice, but almost twice the cost of the BG. I have heard people talk about pocket carrying the Kahr PM9, but there is no way I could do that. It is a nice sized gun, but inmo too big for a pocket unless you are really big guy, with big pockets.

I used to carry the bg 380 in front pocket if need be, but preferred cargo pocket, I now carry my kahr pm9 and only cargo pocket it. Use the same blackhawk pocket holster in size 3 for both of them.

Ruger LCR .38special, also a 351PD 22mag, both with pocket holsters, both light and easy to carry, I will be replacing the rubber grips on the LCR to wood, seems like they slide better coming out of the pocket,, just my preference..

Used to pocket carry a BG380... now I occasionally pocket carry a Titan .25 cal when I am not carrying my Kahr PM9 IWB.

I've got the BG380 and the BG 38SP. I've tried both of them in a pocket holster and just don't like it at all (Pocket here means pants pocket--I have never been comfortable carrying a gun in a jacket pocket, or anything else that I might remove from my body outside my own house.)

But even these small guns in a pocket are way too much bulk for me. If I'm carrying either of them as BUG, I use a Renegade ankle holster. If I'm just carrying the small gun and nothing else, I put them in a Remora, appendix carry.

I've got to say, I was skeptical of the Remora line when I ordered my first one. But I am growing to like them more and more. I've got three now and the more I try them, the more I wear them. I've got lots of holsters, many of them good quality, but these Remoras are really good, comparatively, for the money.

If I have to pocket carry for some reason, it's the Kahr 380 in a Desantis. Prefer waistband, unless I have cargo pants and some reason not to go IWB.

Those DeSantis holsters are nice. I figured with such a small gun, it's going to be super snappy, there's almost zero mass to dampen recoil.

That Keltec looks awesome as well. World's lightest gun... bet that wants to jump out of your hand.

- - - Updated - - -

I pocket carry a BG 380 in a Recluse holster. The holster fits in my back pocket and looks like a wallet. Recluse also makes one for the front
Pocket and there holsters are second to none imo.

Thank you for looking
Scott

So with these wallet holsters, do you have to secure it to the pocket, or does the gun come free without the wallet holster coming out too?

ETA - I'll check out those seecamps.

Last edited:
I've got the BG380 and the BG 38SP. I've tried both of them in a pocket holster and just don't like it at all (Pocket here means pants pocket--I have never been comfortable carrying a gun in a jacket pocket, or anything else that I might remove from my body outside my own house.)

But even these small guns in a pocket are way too much bulk for me. If I'm carrying either of them as BUG, I use a Renegade ankle holster. If I'm just carrying the small gun and nothing else, I put them in a Remora, appendix carry.

I've got to say, I was skeptical of the Remora line when I ordered my first one. But I am growing to like them more and more. I've got three now and the more I try them, the more I wear them. I've got lots of holsters, many of them good quality, but these Remoras are really good, comparatively, for the money.

That's what I was saying. Even these small guns are too bulky to me for being in a front pocket of my jeans. I also agree with you on the Remora holsters. I have 2 of them, and they are awesome, especially since you can position them anywhere that feels comfortable and they stay put. Even my heavier SR9c doesn't move.

i googled Remora Holsters and was looking around their site...curious as to how those Holsters stay in the waist band? Is there a clip on it or something?

i googled Remora Holsters and was looking around their site...curious as to how those Holsters stay in the waist band? Is there a clip on it or something?

It's magic.

Actually their outer coating is made of some high-friction stuff, like the gloves NFL receivers wear I think. Put it in your waistband, even with no belt and it stays there as long as there is any tension at all. I've even used them with sweatpants around the house just to see if it stays put, and it seems to work. But with pants and belt, it's really not going anywhere. Wore one all day yesterday with a M&P9c, long road trip with several stops to get out and walk around, and never adjusted it once.

Suprised that so many people front pocket carry these. I've had an LCP for 2 years and carry it every day in my back pocket. On the opposite back pocket I keep my wallet which is thicker. So it's no more uncomfortable than my wallet which I always have no matter what. Also, it seems to offset the uncomfortable off camber feeling when you have just a wallet and nothing on the other side when sitting for a long period of time. If you carry it in your back right pocket with a desantis pocket holster, it will literally never fall out unless you end up completely upside down. And with the magazine well facing the left pocket, it's an incredibly smooth draw. Without thinking about it, somehow the pocket holster doesn't come out with the gun. I find it easier to draw than my SR40c from IWB since I don't have to move shirts out of the way and my crossbreed iwb doesn't have that speed cut so I tend to hang up on that.

The Derringer O' Doom; my Bond Arms .410 / .45LC
3" five pellet 00 buck makes an impressive pattern at close range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom