Pocket guns. What do you have? What do you like?

S&W 637-2.

Photoon8-8-12at942PM.jpg

with pocket holster

Photoon8-8-12at942PM3.jpg

Yiogo

LC9 in a Blackhawk size 3 is sitting in my R front pocket. Sometimes I carry a BG38. I just prefer the LC9. The trigger takes some getting used to.

Those DeSantis holsters are nice. I figured with such a small gun, it's going to be super snappy, there's almost zero mass to dampen recoil.

That Keltec looks awesome as well. World's lightest gun... bet that wants to jump out of your hand.

- - - Updated - - -

So with these wallet holsters, do you have to secure it to the pocket, or does the gun come free without the wallet holster coming out too?

ETA - I'll check out those seecamps.

Do dot buy a Kel Tec. Complete POS IMHO.

I checked out an LCP yesterday. Nice, easy to control as a lefty. For a DAO without a safety trigger pull seems pretty light.

Fit well in my pockets, although got some sagging in a jacket pocket.

Would be neat, just not sure I want to sepdn $300 on something I'll not fire normally. I'm going to look for some used ones.

For all the hating people have given to the P3AT, I carried that thing as a bug with a slightly shaved finger extension and slide clip for over two years.. Literally EVERYWHERE except while showering and sleeping.. Until I had a nightmare about the .380acp not performing.

For all the hating people have given to the P3AT, I carried that thing as a bug with a slightly shaved finger extension and slide clip for over two years.. Literally EVERYWHERE except while showering and sleeping.. Until I had a nightmare about the .380acp not performing.

I think you have to take the P3AT for what it is - a .380acp that is light and easy to conceal. It will never be a .45acp, but it still has its uses particularly in pants with small pockets. Any gun is better than no gun.

I still carry the P3AT some days, but all else being equal I'm more comforted by having the .45 ACP in the XDS. The added weight and size is offset by having a larger round at hand. YMMV, but with good modern ammunition, the .380acp should be an effective round.

Love my lcp

One sold for $250 on here today, it must have been on here for maybe an hour. These really need to become MA compliant to boost Ruger sales even more. I don't carry .380's but I love the size of the LCP. My next CCW will be either a PM9 or Shield 9mm.

So I have another question. Can you guys/gals get of target at 50ft with these? I have no problem with the LCR in 38 but a friend of mine has a BG 380. I have a few days off so I borrowed it and picked up a box of ammo. I only put 1 round though it and it was a horrible shot. Hopefully if the weather holds out tomorrow I have a box to shoot and see what I can do with it.

The BG380 is an abomination. I'm surprised your friend's even functioned, let alone cause you to think you're a horrible shot. There's a reason why you always blame the shooter, not the gun if someone claims a gun is inaccurate. But in the BG380's case, it is safe to say that 99% of them are functionality issues. Have your friend sell it immediately.

I am probably a bit old school on this, but I carry a steel S&W model 36 flat latch made in 1951 (the year I was born). I bought it used for $100 and it is beat to crap and someone bobbed the hammer. Oh yeah, the boot grips don't really fit right. I carry it in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. However, it goes bang every time and I can put all 5 shots in a palm sized group at 20 feet rapid fire. I have done snubby specific classes at Sig and S&W with this gun and it has worked like a champ. As I say it is beat up and ugly, but I trust my life to it.

M36001.jpg

M36002.jpg

So I have another question. Can you guys/gals get of target at 50ft with these? I have no problem with the LCR in 38 but a friend of mine has a BG 380. I have a few days off so I borrowed it and picked up a box of ammo. I only put 1 round though it and it was a horrible shot. Hopefully if the weather holds out tomorrow I have a box to shoot and see what I can do with it.

That seems to be normal, unless you practice a lot with it. I have talked to guys that love them, and claim they are super accurate with it, but they must be way better shooters than I am, because I can keep it on paper at 7-10 yards, but not group very well at all. I have to admit though, I got frustrated with it quickly because I was so poor with it, and didn't run more than a box of ammo through it, because I felt like I was wasting money when it was so much more enjoyable to be able to group well with all my other hand guns. If I get another .380, it will be a P238, as I have heard a lot of positive feedback on that gun, and it generally feels a lot better quality from the ones that I have handled.

The BG380 is an abomination. I'm surprised your friend's even functioned, let alone cause you to think you're a horrible shot. There's a reason why you always blame the shooter, not the gun if someone claims a gun is inaccurate. But in the BG380's case, it is safe to say that 99% of them are functionality issues. Have your friend sell it immediately.

[laugh2]Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Never had any reliability issues in the limited time I used/owned it, but when I saw that evil black AK from my other thread, and couldn't quite afford it that day, I decided to pull out the "sacrificial lamb" and lay it on the counter, because it was the only gun I wouldn't feel bad about parting with.[laugh]

This:

sw1911a_zpseb6d09ac.jpg

Carried in this, or right front pocket,

sw1911b_zps8e1a8650.jpg

Officer size (3 inch) 1911, .45. And yup, it is carried just like you see it in the picture. Cocked, locked and one in the chamber.

If I remember correctly, it weighs about 27 oz. empty. It fits VERY nicely in my jeans pocket and it works very well in this holster.

I like it because it has the grip safety and the very easy to use thumb safety. I personally am not a fan of handguns with no safety other than a heavy trigger pull. I also like this gun because unlike other "carry" guns I have tried, I actually enjoy shooting it, so I get LOTS of practice with it, around 300-400 rounds per week, sometimes a lot more. The trigger pull is about 3.7 pounds.

I have sort of standardized on 1911's since I only shoot pistols for two reasons. The first being for pure enjoyment, the second for self defense. Muscle memory being what it is, standardizing on one type of pistol makes sense to me. To each his own, but when my life may depend on it, I do not want to be thinking about which gun I am carrying and how it actually works. I also shoot a Ruger Mk III which is so different it does not factor into the self defense equation at all.

This particular one is a Lou Horton (my wife carries an exact duplicate of this one). They are extremely nice to shoot. These are performance series guns, so they are tuned up quite a bit. And yup, I have no problem carrying a higher end gun, I am not taking it with me when I check out. Guns are tools to be used and enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom