- Police Activity - Providence Place Evacuation

TC McQuade

NES Member
Police respond to disturbance at Providence Place mall

Providence police are in the Providence Place mall and Nordstrom’s department store has been locked down.

A Providence Journal reporter witnessed two police officers on the first level of the mall with guns drawn, warning people to get out of the mall.

The officers later holstered their guns. Police are now asking people to leave the mall.

Outside the mall, a Journal editor observed at least eight to 10 police SUVs outside the mall.

Worked here for a while- despite its nice looks this is a rough mall. In my short time I saw a pair of stabbings, a *large* gang fight and a suicide. This literally could just be another day at providence place.

A Providence Journal reporter witnessed two police officers on the first level of the mall with guns drawn, warning people to get out of the mall.

I like how this is supposed to make the situation serious, but really - aren't guns drawn pretty much for anything more than a traffic stop?

MLK related?

Yeah. Protesting $250 jeans and $800 sweaters. LOL

Worked here for a while- despite its nice looks this is a rough mall. In my short time I saw a pair of stabbings, a *large* gang fight and a suicide. This literally could just be another day at providence place.

It's been a dangerous place for a while. That, the general location (inside that traffic S-hole known as PVD) and the monkey-poop of a parking garage system makes PPM a no-go for me. I think I've been 5 times. Once for a meeting with a buddy at D&B. Once with the fam. Once for dinner with another bud at Fire & Ice. And then 2 occasions to kill time when my daughter was dancing at the hotel. Irish Step you hooligans. Oriachtis. (sp) Northeast finals.

yeah.. my 13 yr old asks me if he can go to that mall with his friends.. as we let him go to Emerald Sq currently... I tell him it's not him that I worry about.. it's the other people.. this incident reinforces my stance on denying him the right to go to Providence Place.. not that it couldn't happen in North Attleboro, but chances are less likely..

yeah.. my 13 yr old asks me if he can go to that mall with his friends.. as we let him go to Emerald Sq currently... I tell him it's not him that I worry about.. it's the other people.. this incident reinforces my stance on denying him the right to go to Providence Place.. not that it couldn't happen in North Attleboro, but chances are less likely..

Yep, it’s those Rhode Islanders, Maura Healy prevents this sort of thing from happening 6 miles north.
Mastrong.

You could go to Silver City and shop at, uh, um, . . . well, you could go to. . . . no, they closed, too. You can see a movie and go bowling!

Back
Top Bottom