• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Officer Shot At Gun Range

sounds like more than a flesh wound if they coptered him out of there. must have been a 9mm to do so much damage.

Helicopter ride for a non life threatening somehow gun shot injury?

If it hit him in the thigh they may worried about his femoral artery. Could be bullet and bone fragments floating around it. If it gets damaged it would go from non-life threatening to life threatening in a real hurry.

I was telling an officer about my Contender and the ammo it uses and he looked at me like I had two heads. He told me he knows nothing about guns. [shocked]

I was telling an officer about my Contender and the ammo it uses and he looked at me like I had two heads. He told me he knows nothing about guns. [shocked]

Most of the officers in my town have told me the same thing! [thinking]

My classic story goes as follows.

- I had a small .380 that I wanted to get rid of many years ago, so I figured that I'd post it first at the PD locker room bulletin board.

- The ad read as follows . . . "OMC Backup .380ACP, 2 mags, 2 holsters, $xxx".

- One of the officers reads it, turns to me and says "is that a gun?" Said officer had been on the PD >10 years at that time. [shocked]

Needless to say, this was not the venue to sell a gun. I finally put it on consignment at a local FFL and it sold later.

I hope he is okay. Hopefully, they will use this as a learning experience and practice safer handling of firearms.

Back
Top Bottom