• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police officer shot in Bourne

There are several former and reserve Coasties on the Bourne PD. This whole situation is a cluster. My thoughts go out to those injured and killed in this.

Why can't these nut cases take up throwing rocks when they flip out.

There are several former and reserve Coasties on the Bourne PD. This whole situation is a cluster. My thoughts go out to those injured and killed in this.

Former and reserve Coasties on almost every department in the area - including state.

Jared "Jav" MacDonald was stationed with me at Gloucester, and left the CG as an MK3. He loved doing MLE and was good at it. Was one of the few MKs there during that time period that laughed.

This whole story is crazy. Coastie pending discharge sets up decoy for pd while he shoots two female Coasties, and then a former Coastie who is the responding officer.

You can't write shit like this.

Edit to add: I run the Gloucester CG Alumni Association. We have a facebook page for past shipmates, and it's all fired up right now.

Police Chief stated Off MacDonald joined the force after serving as a Marine.
http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20150205/NEWS/150209602

Police Chief stated Off MacDonald joined the force after serving as a Marine.
http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20150205/NEWS/150209602

911af7f4b024eb06be7b9ebaacf36f47.jpg

1bc80ee12f18162749a8115817f9edf3.jpg

Jav was prior service Marines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the original rant

Didn't make as much sense sober. I try not to speak out of emotion, or a head full of Jameson - both together is a bad combination.

But seriously, I hope they try that guy, fairly find him guilty, and wind chime that ****er from a gallows in the middle of the Bourne rotary. An attack on your own colleagues like that is especially wicked. Clearly I can't speak for the non-operational types, but on the operational side, you trust each other with your lives, knowing that you look out for the rest of your crew, and each of them is looking out for you. You would NEVER knowingly let them get hurt, and they do the same for you. Each man or woman on the crew, their safety is more important to you than your own, and each of them feels the same. That's how we keep ourselves safe. Instead of each man for themselves, each man has EVERYONE ELSE watching out for them. That some animal would abuse, exploit, and try to shatter that faith and trust is abhorrent. It disgusts me. I miss the days when you would never even think twice about trusting each other unconditionally. I work very hard to keep those same ideals amongst my crew, but it gets increasingly hard to get this generation to understand.

He needs a fair trial, and after that some 4x4's, lag screws, and 50 feet of 3" double braid...

[Damnit, got me off on another rant again...]

It wouldn't surprise me if the CG to tries him in a court martial. I suspect punishments would be a bit more severe.

I hope they do. MA will sentence him to three years probation and anger management counseling. A GCM could, and likely would, sentence him to death. We all know it would never be carried out, but at least he'd be in the brig for the rest of his life.

- - - Updated - - -

The kodiak Coast Guard shooter was convicted in US District Court, and that incident happened on base.

http://www.adn.com/article/20140708...entence-double-murder-kodiak-coast-guard-site

He was a civilian.

We used to get threats all the time at Gloucester. Hell, I got chased out of old timers, the house of Mitch, and pratty's (that was bad) after being recognized as a Coastie by a fisherman.

But to crash through the gates (which stations DIDNT have until the CG became DHS) and assault the watch stander is a bit much. Even the most pissed off Gloucester fisherman never did that....

There's are actually 6 uniformed services, of which 5 are armed.....

I was army, but I have nothing but respect for the CG. I worked on some fishing boats when I was a kid and the CG saved our ass one day when our boat died (no radio, life vests and little supplies) and we were drifting out into international waters. It's a tough, honorable and necessary job done by fine men and women.

Except for this shit bag.

yay for the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps

I met one of these guys and flat out asked him what uniform code they follow, which is a nice way of saying, "dude wtf are you wearing--I ain't never seen that at the army navy store!" IIRC they use the navy dress blues, whites and khaki but have their own insignia. Yet they also have the old fashion green BDUs as well as a number of other options depending on where they are deployed including a tropical outfit with shorts and straw safari hat. The guy told me where he is there isn't much oversight for uniform and he can pretty much chose what he wants provided it's in season and he's an officer so he buys his own gear and mostly just wears the khaki or jolly green BDUs.

Last edited:
Kind of a double edge sword....Guy will be prosecuted wasting tons of tax payers money only to find out he was a nut bag...or he could have killed himself or some cop could have killed him and never knowing what the motivations was.....Me ,I would be good with him being shot dead... again a nut bag tarnishes the name of one of the services!

I have no argument here, +1

- - - Updated - - -

Land mode
Sea mode
Air mode
Space mode
Commode....where some of the nutjobs belong [smile]

yay for the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps

My dad was in the national health service during and after WWII. At the time they were part of the Dept of the Navy. I've got his flag on my mantle. He did a cruise as a medical officer on a Coast Guard weather ship in the north Atlantic.

Nope. Murder one conviction in MA is mandatory life without parole.

1st degree murder is about the only crime in MA where the punishment is as stiff or stiffer than other states. Other crimes, the punishments are often a joke and it doesn't help but encourage dirtbags to come here and commit them. That POS Susan Smith who killed her two kids in cold blood, schemed to cover her tracks, lied about it for weeks in the press got life but eligible for parole after 30 years. She planned and murdered her two kids and she can get out someone day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith

My dad was in the national health service during and after WWII. At the time they were part of the Dept of the Navy. I've got his flag on my mantle. He did a cruise as a medical officer on a Coast Guard weather ship in the north Atlantic.

Was your Dad on the coast Guard cutter Dwaine?

Back
Top Bottom