Police Officers shot since 2019

It is not a comparison of the level of 'risk of a given profession' it is an acknowledgement that Police Officers are being shot intentionally- sought out and shot with the intent to kill. Ironworkers have an inherently dangerous job however a quick search indicates that in the Boston area the top salary of an ironworker is nearly 20 large more than a maxed out cop............

Last edited:
It is not a comparison of the level of 'risk of a given profession' it is an acknowledgement that Police Officers are being shot intentionally- sought out and shot with the intent to kill. Ironworkers have an inherently dangerous job however a quick search indicates that in the Boston area the top salary of an ironworker is nearly 20 large more than a maxed out cop............

Most of the comparisons are exactly that though. "Deaths in the line of duty" Sounds like cops that were shot serving warrants or something, but most are traffic accidents. The point I am trying to make is not that their job has no dangers, But several posters have said they "Didn't sign up to be murdered on the job" when functionally they signed up knowing it was one of the dangers of the job. It's not a great situation, but it also is not something they were blindsided with last week.

Edit: Is that really true about salary? I feel like the cops around here make way more, maybe it's an overtime/detail thing that is not counted in base salary?

Most of the comparisons are exactly that though. "Deaths in the line of duty" Sounds like cops that were shot serving warrants or something, but most are traffic accidents. The point I am trying to make is not that their job has no dangers, But several posters have said they "Didn't sign up to be murdered on the job" when functionally they signed up knowing it was one of the dangers of the job. It's not a great situation, but it also is not something they were blindsided with last week.

Edit: Is that really true about salary? I feel like the cops around here make way more, maybe it's an overtime/detail thing that is not counted in base salary?
I have always had a problem with the detail nonsense. Just another feeding trough that we fund either directly or through higher rates for whatever utility was in that ditch. Every time I'm in Maine and stop for a flagman I look around for the dead bodies lying on the road side but so far I haven't seen any. Don't bore me with some anecdote of a detail cop responding to some nearby incident. Just luck to be at right place at right time. Shall we post a "detail" cop on every corner? Also using civilians for the vast amount of detail work gives another person a job, and they actually stand up and pay attention instead of sitting in a cruiser staring at a cell phone. I support good cops but can't stand these "Rackets."

Have we forgotten about all the murdered connivence store workers.
Some may be alive if they had the right to defend themselves.
It sucks all around . The fact that it seems ever growing that criminal element is going un challenged. ?
With it theres a feeling of less rights for the law abiding

Have we forgotten about all the murdered connivence store workers.
(Typo, or sarcastic statement because they sold you some bad sushi last time?
ggBVFyf.png

)

I have always had a problem with the detail nonsense. Just another feeding trough that we fund either directly or through higher rates for whatever utility was in that ditch. Every time I'm in Maine and stop for a flagman I look around for the dead bodies lying on the road side but so far I haven't seen any. Don't bore me with some anecdote of a detail cop responding to some nearby incident. Just luck to be at right place at right time. Shall we post a "detail" cop on every corner? Also using civilians for the vast amount of detail work gives another person a job, and they actually stand up and pay attention instead of sitting in a cruiser staring at a cell phone. I support good cops but can't stand these "Rackets."

From what I understand… early on in the game, municipalities used details to suppress salary negotiation as a way for officers to increase their nominal base salaries. It may have morphed into a monster in many cases, but that’s how I understood it from talking to old heads that were part of negotiations. The reality is that my base salary as a top step 10 year patrol officer was 65k

Forgive me for finding it difficult to give a shit when the FOP claims every time cops are shot by other cops (in botched raids of innocent people they then murder for example) it’s the result of criminals targeting cops.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8eu6Pc7KO0&feature=emb_title

The FOP can f*** right off.

I guarantee every cop shot in a friendly fire incident, or every cop that shoots themselves in the leg in included in those numbers. Likewise to every cop shot in justified self defense.

There are something like 900,000 cops in the US. Is this jerk wad really trying to claim that .007% of cops being killed represents a systematic murdering of cops?

A quick search and it seems retail store workers are murdered more often than cops. But snubby isn’t claiming there’s a systemic targeting of them, now is she?

It is not a comparison of the level of 'risk of a given profession' it is an acknowledgement that Police Officers are being shot intentionally
You don't think doctors are being targeted intentionally? Modern practice of medicine is walking on thin ice.

If you ask me, law enforcement MAKE their job hard. They have no desire to strengthen public relations and continue the "us vs them" mentality. Every member of the public is a "bad guy" to them. Corruption is common and widespread. Policing reputation is shit. I agree that the Democrats are contributing to these attacks, but generally, officer safety starts from within.

You don't think doctors are being targeted intentionally? Modern practice of medicine is walking on thin ice.

If you ask me, law enforcement MAKE their job hard. They have no desire to strengthen public relations and continue the "us vs them" mentality. Every member of the public is a "bad guy" to them. Corruption is common and widespread. Policing reputation is shit. I agree that the Democrats are contributing to these attacks, but generally, officer safety starts from within.

This right here. Name a profession where you can go to work do something bad, lie about it, and when caught and cornered there are no repercussions for either (doing the bad thing) or (lying that one did a bad thing). If I lied on my job I wouldn't have it for very long. Likewise if I claimed I was shielded from wrongdoing by some legal fiction I'd be collecting unemployment.

I remember the keys to a successful relationship are honesty and communication. If you wanted to be trusted by the public then it requires honesty, admit when you make a mistake. People will eschew the left and say okay just don't do it again. But to be honest that's not what happens. It's a wall of silence, manufactured evidence and testimony and this results in even greater erosion of public trust. Tell me any profession blue collar or white collar where you can do it? A machinist can no more lie about mistakes than a stock broker can. But a cop can lie all day on the job, in a report, on the witness stand. This is in turn is having a chilling effect on the criminal justice system that they are entrusted with.

Hell even our media system today is eroding away into oblivion. Why? Because they dissolved the expectation of truth and fairness that existed. In their place a new media system is growing from the ashes of the old. That same fate awaits modern law enforcement in this country. The system can only erode so much before the public throws in the towel.

Back
Top Bottom