• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police say Pa. trooper accidentally shot wife Read

Anyone see a picture of the wife? I heard she's a dog.

[rofl]

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

So what do you guys think about "dry firing" your weapon at home, say at your TV screen?

(I assume this means holstering and drawing and firing as events in the TV show (or movie) play out on the screen)

Is it a negligent discharge if you're at the range, pick up your gun, assume your stance, point the gun towards the target, disengage the mechanical safety, place your finger on the trigger and it discharges unexpectedly?

How would you feel if a police officer was in the middle of handcuffing a suspect, and his partner, covering him, (pointing his firearm at center mass), saftey off, finger on the trigger, and it "just went off"?

Slightly different from your scenario, but I think it illustrates the point.

Imagine if you pulled up to a crosswalk, with pedestrians crossing, and you accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake. Yes, it was an accident, but it's negligence of the driver.

Last edited:
So what do you guys think about "dry firing" your weapon at home, say at your TV screen?

(I assume this means holstering and drawing and firing as events in the TV show (or movie) play out on the screen)

never aim at anything you don't want to destroy, I certainly don't want to destroy my TV, I aim at my parrot

the story is highly disturbing.

how the hell does a cop have an ND while cleaning his firearm? it makes absolutely no sense. how can anyone have an ND while cleaning a gun? why the F is there ammo anywhere near the firearm, let alone chambered??

if i shot one of my dog's in the foot, i would be charged and likely convicted.

this tool shoots his wife "accidentally" in the head and his stupid little shiny badge saves him.
unbelievable.

even worse, i am sure the sheeple are fine with calling this an "accident".

if justice were even remotely served, this tool of a cop would lose his job, rights to a firearm and be convicted of at least manslaughter.

this cop is dumb enough to load the firearm, chamber it, point it towards a human AND pull the trigger......and why in the world would anyone want this man to continue serving as a police officer?

how the hell does a cop have an ND while cleaning his firearm? it makes absolutely no sense. how can anyone have an ND while cleaning a gun? why the F is there ammo anywhere near the firearm, let alone chambered??

this tool shoots his wife "accidentally" in the head and his stupid little shiny badge saves him.
unbelievable.

if justice were even remotely served, this tool of a cop would lose his job, rights to a firearm and be convicted of at least manslaughter.

this cop is dumb enough to load the firearm, chamber it, point it towards a human AND pull the trigger......and why in the world would anyone want this man to continue serving as a police officer?
+1

unbelievable.

forget the ammo part, who ever cleans a gun, even a dissembled, unloaded one.... while pointing at their wife's head?

"The officer pulled the trigger while taking apart his .45-caliber handgun for cleaning but did not realize the gun was loaded"

Famous last words! What sort of morons are in, and what sort of incompetent firearms training is used, in Philly??? A gun is always treated as if it were loaded. Any idiot that deliberately pulls a trigger while point it at someone, and then claims they thought it wasn't loaded, should spend some quality time in the slammer for at least manslaughter.

Another cop "accidentally" shoots his wife in the head.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/sc-...ing-bathing-wife-in-head-with-military-rifle/

" unlawfully without malice killed his wife” with “reckless disregard by shooting her with a rifle."

At least he was charged. Only up to 5 years for killing his wife by shooting her in the head. I guess that is better than the PA cop this thread is about who not only wasn't charged but is still a cop.

Another cop "accidentally" shoots his wife in the head.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/sc-...ing-bathing-wife-in-head-with-military-rifle/

" unlawfully without malice killed his wife” with “reckless disregard by shooting her with a rifle."

At least he was charged. Only up to 5 years for killing his wife by shooting her in the head. I guess that is better than the PA cop this thread is about who not only wasn't charged but is still a cop.

That story is basically straight out of a police corruption crime novel. They're all playing cover up.

That story is basically straight out of a police corruption crime novel. They're all playing cover up.

The only sort of thing I can come up with where that could happen and be anything besides murder, involves multiple acts of negligence and shear stupidity. Those being that he was ungodly negligent and stupid for not ensuring the rifle was unloaded, and that he thought it would be funny to scare his wife or something by busting into the bathroom while she showers. Of course that is also ungodly stupid even if done with an unloaded rifle by actually pointing it at her and pulling the trigger. Anything shy of that sounds like Murder 1.

In short, he's either a murderer or among the dumbest humans on the planet.

Man that's horrible. Thoughts and prayers for that family.

to the kids, yeah.

To the cop, I hope he gets rung thru the ringer as you and I would. But, it's a cop, so he's a special animal that nobody will touch. The DA might even call it justified and give him a promotion...

to the kids, yeah.

To the cop, I hope he gets rung thru the ringer as you and I would. But, it's a cop, so he's a special animal that nobody will touch. The DA might even call it justified and give him a promotion...

No buts about it. The DA DID clear him, and he remains a police officer. For all I know, he could have since been promoted. That I do not know.

Oh no. Another cop shoots and kills his wife. This time, no question it was not accidental.

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...ark/2015/06/16/asbury-park-shooting/28808357/

Video below.

What makes this so messed up, is he murders his wife in her car. Police respond. Rescue the daughter. He still waves the gun around, apparently shoots his wife three more times, and at no point do police shoot him.

So we have video after video of cops killing unarmed people, but when another cop is actively shooting people with other cops present they do nothing? WTF!!!

Pulls gun, murders wife. Points gun at his own head and walks around. Daughter is removed from car. He then goes back and shoots more times. 30 minute standoff ensues. It would have been totally justified to shoot this guy at ANY point, but they are able to talk him down. How is that possible when cops can't talk down anyone without killing them. Kid with BB gun? Killed in seconds. Toy gun in Walmart? Killed immediately. Unarmed at traffic stop? Cop shoots him dead through her vehicle window. Flash headlights? Seven rounds. But this guy shoots at least 5 times murdering his wife in cold blood and remains alive from the encounter. I don't even know what to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only sort of thing I can come up with where that could happen and be anything besides murder, involves multiple acts of negligence and shear stupidity. Those being that he was ungodly negligent and stupid for not ensuring the rifle was unloaded, and that he thought it would be funny to scare his wife or something by busting into the bathroom while she showers. Of course that is also ungodly stupid even if done with an unloaded rifle by actually pointing it at her and pulling the trigger. Anything shy of that sounds like Murder 1.

In short, he's either a murderer or among the dumbest humans on the planet.

I think I may be right.

According to a corrective action report filed by the Aiken County Sheriff's Office, Matthew Blakley was suspended for one day and put on six months probation after he was seen with his firearm out of the holster in an attempt to horseplay with another deputy.

He had been disciplined prior for messing around and playing with his firearm. Wow. High standard they hold for cops.

Back
Top Bottom