• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police seize stash of illegal firearms . . .

Order of things

Did anybody else notice how the police were stationed at corners of his house and cuffed him when he opened the door? According to the article he was ambushed when he opened the door, this based on neighbors reports that they heard something sounding like gunshots coming from that house. So, note to self, if I get tired of my neighbors and want to get back at them I just say I heard gun shots and they will be dragged outside at gunpoint and cuffed... interesting...

I still don't get this. The cops come over to my house fairly frequently. I don't call unless there's something seriously funky going down so I'm usually open-carrying when they arrive.

I've never been asked for my LTC or questioned in any way at all about my firearms. The only thing I ever hear is something along the lines of "Good for you," and this is in a black town where it's impossible to get a ALP LTC.

It mirrors my experience in Washington and Oregon when I was a crime reporter.

I'm used to the COP being a political hack who is interested in disarming people, but I've found it extremely rare among rank and file cops. Something tells me there may be more to this story.

Did anybody else notice how the police were stationed at corners of his house and cuffed him when he opened the door? According to the article he was ambushed when he opened the door, this based on neighbors reports that they heard something sounding like gunshots coming from that house. So, note to self, if I get tired of my neighbors and want to get back at them I just say I heard gun shots and they will be dragged outside at gunpoint and cuffed... interesting...

The neighbors also stated this:

Multiple neighbors told police that Collins had been acting strangely all day, making loud noises for quite some time and at one point started screaming about the Vietnam War, police wrote in their report.

One witness reported hearing him say he “wasn’t going down this way,” and others confirmed hearing screaming about 15 minutes before the gunshots.

Would you walk up to the door by yourself chewing bubblegum and knock?

I still don't get this. The cops come over to my house fairly frequently. I don't call unless there's something seriously funky going down so I'm usually open-carrying when they arrive.

I've never been asked for my LTC or questioned in any way at all about my firearms. The only thing I ever hear is something along the lines of "Good for you," and this is in a black town where it's impossible to get a ALP LTC.

chp 140 ss 129c says that on your property you don't have to produce a license. So you wouldn't have to produce it if they asked. So why would they bother to ask?

Now, I don't mean to pry, but the cops have been to my house ... um, three times in the past 20 years. 1) A tenant's gf claimed he was going to kill himself (he wasn't) 2) A neighbor called the cops because my daughter was sitting with friends in the front yard eating popsicles (true story) and 3) someone crank calling my daughter claimed the police were about to "raid" us. (turns out it is LEGAL to call someone and claim to be the police?!)

So, that's an average of every six years or so. Just how often do they drop by and, if I'm not being TOO nosey, WHY?! Sounds like a monthly occurence?!

chp 140 ss 129c says that on your property you don't have to produce a license. So you wouldn't have to produce it if they asked. So why would they bother to ask?

Because this is Massachusetts and we aren't responsible enough to carry guns.

Now, I don't mean to pry, but the cops have been to my house ... um, three times in the past 20 years. 1) A tenant's gf claimed he was going to kill himself (he wasn't) 2) A neighbor called the cops because my daughter was sitting with friends in the front yard eating popsicles (true story) and 3) someone crank calling my daughter claimed the police were about to "raid" us. (turns out it is LEGAL to call someone and claim to be the police?!)

So, that's an average of every six years or so. Just how often do they drop by and, if I'm not being TOO nosey, WHY?! Sounds like a monthly occurence?

Because our street has a long history of drug trafficking and other shady stuff. I, along with our neighborhood association call the cops when we see something suspicious. It's dramatically improved the neighborhood which until a few years ago had to deal with open-air drug dealing. Now families can take a walk down the street with baby carriages etc.

Involved citizens are the best way to clean up neighborhoods. The cops can't be here 24/7 but I have the vice/narcotics phone number sitting on a sticky on my monitor. It also helps when your computer is in front a picture window which you can see out of but because of angle, no one can see into. We see everything that happens out there.

Back
Top Bottom