Police training glock question

So I'm sure some of you guys have seen these in the past the smurf blue g17 police guns...

Question on those I feel like I've read somewhere they are simunition only... which begs the question are the frames g2g with a regular slide.

I always thought they looked cool and there's a frame on gun broker but I don't want it if I can slap a real slide on it.

So I'm sure some of you guys have seen these in the past the smurf blue g17 police guns...

Question on those I feel like I've read somewhere they are simunition only... which begs the question are the frames g2g with a regular slide.

I always thought they looked cool and there's a frame on gun broker but I don't want it if I can slap a real slide on it.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to cerakote a frame blue?

"Blue guns" are non-guns, basically props, that are meant to be a placeholder for a gun in training situations where strict adherence to traditional gun safety rules cannot be adhered to. Say you need to point a gun directly at someone to simulate an arrest - under normal gun safety rules, this is a massive no-no. With a blue gun, that training goal can be accomplished without everyone freaking out.

"Blue guns" are non-guns, basically props, that are meant to be a placeholder for a gun in training situations where strict adherence to traditional gun safety rules cannot be adhered to. Say you need to point a gun directly at someone to simulate an arrest - under normal gun safety rules, this is a massive no-no. With a blue gun, that training goal can be accomplished without everyone freaking out.
That's the training block guns

Wouldn't it be cheaper to cerakote a frame blue?
No the frame is like 150... so figure 125 for a black one then cerakote which they don't do on glocks anyways...heat and plastic... cerakote usually starts at like 75 bucks

No the frame is like 150... so figure 125 for a black one then cerakote which they don't do on glocks anyways...heat and plastic... cerakote usually starts at like 75 bucks
You can try Duracoat.

Got it. I thought maybe you had the gun already and just wanted to swap frames. But you can cerakote Glock lowers. Just a lower cure temp.

"Real" blue guns are solid plastic that was made from a mold of a real gun. I use them all the time for training. No moving parts.

I'm guessing that someone made a gun to not look real and take Sim ammunition and that is what the OP is referring to. No idea if it would match up with real Glock parts or not.

kind of stupid to make a real gun that looks like a sim gun or less lethal gun, imho
To each their own i like the color and I have 6 glock 17s...

But why is it stupid im not a cop and I don't play one on tv... I don't think anyone breaking into my house at night is going to wonder why that simunition gun was shooting real bullets at them

you just know in massachusetts they'll be some legal ramifications if you popped someone with a gun made to look like an inert firearm. if there isn't any now, soon after there will be politicians scurrying around to get new legislation pushed through. so is life behind the lines.

you just know in massachusetts they'll be some legal ramifications if you popped someone with a gun made to look like an inert firearm. if there isn't any now, soon after there will be politicians scurrying around to get new legislation pushed through. so is life behind the lines.
Lol after I build my p80 tonight ill snap a pic but I have 1 stock glock lol the rest are all painted or custom builds lol. If I were in the prm I'd be jacked shooting anyone with one of my glocks anyways.

Wow.

You guys really need to stop huffing the Ayoob glue fumes. How many stacks of magazines with ayoob articles are in your bathrooms? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom