• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: I am angry with Target Sports USA because...

I am angry with Target Sports USA because

• Total voters
Have had a great relationship with them for years! Until they got overwhelmed for reasons beyond their control, the customer service was great and I suspect it will be again when this is over. The real takeaway is if you shoot and love your range time, you should be buying ammo and/or reloading supplies all the time!

I just love Target Sports because a few years back I was buying up a storm just because they were there.
I love Target Sports because since last year I didn't have to fight with all you trying to buy when they were low on stock.
I love Target Sports because they were there when I decided to stock up in case anything ever happened.
I love Target Sports and will be there for them when and if things return to somewhat normal.

Have had a great relationship with them for years! Until they got overwhelmed for reasons beyond their control, the customer service was great and I suspect it will be again when this is over. The real takeaway is if you shoot and love your range time, you should be buying ammo and/or reloading supplies all the time!

Honestly, I've not seen any difference in their rather spectacular customer service and shipping speed at any point during all of this. I still get my deliveries next day. I understand a lot of people aren't getting the full value out of their Prime memberships, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on Target. That's just the dismal market right now. They are otherwise performing top level in my opinion.

Honestly, I've not seen any difference in their rather spectacular customer service and shipping speed at any point during all of this. I still get my deliveries next day. I understand a lot of people aren't getting the full value out of their Prime memberships, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on Target. That's just the dismal market right now. They are otherwise performing top level in my opinion.
A little harder to get them on the phone than it used to be and turnaround time on voicemails is 1-2 days right now but that is entirely understandable. I agree that they are performing well under extraordinary circumstances!

I can tell you exactly why I don't use TSUSA anymore.

About a year ago, I ordered a bunch of ammo from them, including 300 rounds of 7.62x39 (Prime member). When I got the package, the box wasn't actually a shipping box, but rather re-used box they had cut and cobbled together. Normally, I wouldn't care, but what was inside was cause for concern.
I think most users are aware that ComBloc style 20 round boxes of 7.62x39 are notorious for coming apart. Despite this, TSUSA just tossed the boxes in this ramshackle "box", and as a result, all but 3 of the 15 boxes fell apart, scattering loose ammo all over the place. Again, normally I wouldn't care, but not all of the ammo was accounted for.
I believe about 4 rounds made it out of the box, and ended up god knows where.

I don't care about the 80 cents worth of ammo, but this is just bad business. Should the local post office have become aware of the situation and contacted my local PD, this carelessness could be manipulated to reflect on me and subsequently my LTC.
More importantly, this type of incident reflects on all vendors willing to ship ammo to Massachusetts and jeopardizes the practice altogether.

I contacted their customer support to report it and the woman literally could not have given less f*cks. She was like "We can send you an empty ammo can to store your (now) loose ammo in." I asked to speak to someone higher up to try to ensure that this kind of issue wouldn't further damage our chances of getting ammo shipped to Mass, but I was brushed off.

So yeah, f*ck TargetSportsUSA.

I don't care about the 80 cents worth of ammo, but this is just bad business. Should the local post office have become aware of the situation and contacted my local PD, this carelessness could be manipulated to reflect on me and subsequently my LTC.
More importantly, this type of incident reflects on all vendors willing to ship ammo to Massachusetts and jeopardizes the practice altogether.

Not sure if serious, or at least I hope they weren't shipping you live ammo via USPS.

Not sure if serious, or at least I hope they weren't shipping you live ammo via USPS.
Damn, you're right. I just checked my old emails and it was UPS.
Still though, I don't think it would be a stretch that if they found loose ammo coming out of a package, that they would contact the local PD.

Still though, I don't think it would be a stretch that if they found loose ammo coming out of a package, that they would contact the local PD.
🤨 Why the f*** would they contact the fuzz?

Pretty sure they've all figured out what's in the box when they pick it up and hear it rattle, unless your UPS guy is a friggin idiot. Last case I had delivered my guy made a comment about investing in lead and laughed as he handed it to me, he didn't piss his pants over it.

I had some cases of 7.62x39 last year that split open (thanks FedEx) and you could see the loose rounds through the box. Granted this was in NH but nothing came of if - police didn’t show up at my buddies house in NH.

I’m impressed the boomers are surviving despite the .30-06 shortage

My idiot brother isn't surviving. He took a shine to a crappy Remington 700 our dad won in a raffle a few years ago, and he has not stopped bitching about how he can't find ammo for it for the last 8 months. He found a single box, then proceeded to empty his gun at everything in sight, missing all of it, and went right back to bitching about how he couldn't find it again. Add to it, he didn't even have sense to collect his brass when our step-father has a nice reloading setup and .30-06 dies.

I think he got dropped on his head a couple times as a baby. My youngest brother isn't that dumb, and I'm sitting on a nice stockpile of almost everything I shoot normally.

My idiot brother isn't surviving. He took a shine to a crappy Remington 700 our dad won in a raffle a few years ago, and he has not stopped bitching about how he can't find ammo for it for the last 8 months. He found a single box, then proceeded to empty his gun at everything in sight, missing all of it, and went right back to bitching about how he couldn't find it again. Add to it, he didn't even have sense to collect his brass when our step-father has a nice reloading setup and .30-06 dies.

I think he got dropped on his head a couple times as a baby. My youngest brother isn't that dumb, and I'm sitting on a nice stockpile of almost everything I shoot normally.
Sadly a story of the "typical" gun owner

My Prime acct was due for renewal tomorrow. That's not happening.
I did the same thing. Got it not long before the craziness to make a few purchases in late 2019 in to early 2020. Figured i would probably buy again late 2020 or so before it expired and i would reassess renewing then. Then covid happened and it didn't make any sense to keep it going.

Back
Top Bottom