Poll: Should Assault Weapons Be Banned?

Acujeff

NES Member
Go Vote No.

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=1318

Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney would sign an Assault Weapons ban if it came to his desk, do you support his position?

Yes, assault weapons should be banned
34%
No, the public should be free to purchase assault weapons
66%

Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney would sign an Assault Weapons ban if it came to his desk, do you support his position?

Yes, assault weapons should be banned 27%
No, the public should be free to purchase assault weapons 73%

You voted: No, the public should be free to purchase assault weapons

I watched Gov. Mitt Romney on "Meet the Press" yesterday. I think when he talked about his support for the Assault Weapons Ban, I decided I will be unable to support him in the primary.

It also made my dis-like of Gov. Mike Huckabee go down a little, since I believe he has a more firm pro-gun stance (albeit I disagree with him on some of his "liberal viewpoints" ie: immigration, harsh prison sentences, etc...).

But I started thinking, since we are using a LOSING term here, "Assault Weapon" how many candidates would answer, "No, I love Assault Weapons!! Everyone should be able to get one!!".

Now I assume candidates with nothing to lose (low in the polls) would say No, I woudl not sign such a bill, which one of the semi top-tier candidates say? Fred, Ron, Huck, Rudy (ok i think we know what he would say), MCaine, you get my idea.

I will probably vote Fred when I step into the booth for Primary 08' although I can still be swayed some...

I think it stinks that most of the real conservative/libertarian folks are NOT in the top of the polls, but I hope we get a decent candidate out of this primary.

PS: Should I be afraid the AWB will be back in 5 years?

Yes, assault weapons should be banned - 26%
No, the public should be free to purchase assault weapons - 74%

My vote.

As we all know, Romney's a shit. He'll say whatever he needs to in order to get votes.

Oh, and other politicians won't?

Voters need to grow up and face reality. The fact is that you have to try and vote for the person who you think has the highest likelihood of screwing things up the least. Life is a compromise and so are politics. Voting for a candidate that says all the things you want to hear may feel good and make a little statement but in the end does he (or she) have a chance of winning?

20%
80%

Twenty Percent the public wouldn't know an assault weapon if it came up and bit them in the ARSE.
Thats the 20% that voted to ban!

19%
81%

agree, most people have no clue what an actual "assault weapon" is.

Just voted, results are favorable.

18%
82%

Twenty Percent the public wouldn't know an assault weapon if it came up and bit them in the ARSE.
Thats the 20% that voted to ban!
I think 19% of the 20% probably think an assault weapon is a machine gun.

[grin]

Results after my vote ...........

Yes, assault weapons should be banned 18%
No, the public should be free to purchase assault weapons 82%

thats kind of what i think most of us will end up doing...

I am hoping that Ron Paul gets in though.

If Ron Paul does not get the Republican nod, I will vote for Hillary/Obama ticket. May as well sink the whole works and start from scratch I say.

If she wins, she will most assuredly win a second term. This makes her no longer beholden to the voter and will make all of our nightmares come true.

You have about 6 years to prepare, but only 4 good (relative term)economic ones.

If Ron Paul does not get the Republican nod, I will vote for Hillary/Obama ticket. May as well sink the whole works and start from scratch I say.

I disagree strongly and I hope you are in the minority on this one. I like Ron Paul and Fred Thompson, but if they don't get the nomination I will surely support whoever shares SOME of my views and can beat candidates like Hilary/Obama who share NONE of my views.

I disagree strongly and I hope you are in the minority on this one. I like Ron Paul and Fred Thompson, but if they don't get the nomination I will surely support whoever shares SOME of my views and can beat candidates like Hilary/Obama who share NONE of my views.

I think you would be stunned at the number of people who feel the same way.

There is only freedom in a long walk through the hell that makes it worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom