Polymer 80

So I just came back from Florida. I was browsing one of the gun shops there and I spotted a finished serialized p80 frame for $70, they were willing to even throw in a separate glock lower OEM kit for $30. Obviously too great of deal to pass on. I told them I live in MA and they were willing to ship it here to an FFL if I found out the state laws regarding p80s.

My concern is living in MA I know can get a unfinished p80 frame, finish it, register it and I'm good. But what about a finished serialized p80 sent here or is that a no no, since technically it's not a glock

Find an ffl and have it shipped. Or find an ffl and buy one. Even if it is a real honest to god glock frame why would that matter? You mention glock for some reason indicating confusion. It’s a frame. It’s unregulated in ma.

Find an ffl and have it shipped. Or find an ffl and buy one. Even if it is a real honest to god glock frame why would that matter? You mention glock for some reason indicating confusion. It’s a frame. It’s unregulated in ma.
Great! Just making sure, thanks

For $100, I'd spend the extra $100 and get a real Glock frame. Part of the fun of a P80 is doing the minimal work to "make" the pistol.

For $100, I'd spend the extra $100 and get a real Glock frame. Part of the fun of a P80 is doing the minimal work to "make" the pistol.
I agree....... To me it makes no sense to "register" an 80% build, or buy a finished one with paperwork. Just buy a true Glock frame or do your own P80. Doing a P80 glock is not that hard, a lot less work than an AR lower.

Try going to their website and ordering one of these "kits". The page lists all anti-2A states as "unable to ship". Polymer80 won but is still a wuss of a company.
In case anyone here has forgotten: Polymer80 voluntarily gave up the customer list to the AFT. No warrants, no arrests. ATF just asked, and Plymer80 couldn't run fast enough to give up the lists of every customer who's ever bought these kits.

At the time, P80 was a popular topic on NES, and I was very close to ordering one of these kits. Then the news came out about AFT going to people's houses and demanding they give up the kits. John Crump, a firearms investigative reporter, broke the news that it was Polymer80 who gave the AFT customer lists.

Try going to their website and ordering one of these "kits". The page lists all anti-2A states as "unable to ship". Polymer80 won but is still a wuss of a company.
In case anyone here has forgotten: Polymer80 voluntarily gave up the customer list to the AFT. No warrants, no arrests. ATF just asked, and Plymer80 couldn't run fast enough to give up the lists of every customer who's ever bought these kits.

At the time, P80 was a popular topic on NES, and I was very close to ordering one of these kits. Then the news came out about AFT going to people's houses and demanding they give up the kits. John Crump, a firearms investigative reporter, broke the news that it was Polymer80 who gave the AFT customer lists.
There are plenty of other vendors to go to other than P80 to buy their products. I believe Borges was the President during the 2020 raid and is no longer with the Company and the other guy is running it now. Say what you will about who got what back then, but aside from Cody Wilson, I can't think of many other names who have democratized gun building and ownership the same way they have.

There are plenty of other vendors to go to other than P80 to buy their products. I believe Borges was the President during the 2020 raid and is no longer with the Company and the other guy is running it now. Say what you will about who got what back then, but aside from Cody Wilson, I can't think of many other names who have democratized gun building and ownership the same way they have.
True. I think like Kleenex, p80 is what everyone will call anything of the sort, regardless of manufacturer. They’re all polymer 80%s, so I can’t say as I can blame anyone.

aside from Cody Wilson, I can't think of many other names who have democratized gun building and ownership the same way they have.
You make a good point. Perhaps when the SCOTUS clarifies that PMFs are a protected activity, I will venture into homemade firearms.

I am waiting for Cody and his gang to develop the ability to make a lower and upper from scratch. It looks like they are getting close. Perhaps GG4 will be what we've all been waiting for.

You make a good point. Perhaps when the SCOTUS clarifies that PMFs are a protected activity, I will venture into homemade firearms.

I am waiting for Cody and his gang to develop the ability to make a lower and upper from scratch. It looks like they are getting close. Perhaps GG4 will be what we've all been waiting for.
Why wait?
Act now, and become part of the class they're fighting to protect.

Good ruling, but forget about P80.

80 Percent Arms GST-9 is a better frame anyway.
Yeah, I didn’t even know about those until a friend brought one by. Not as square in your hand as the polymer 80’s. But also less grippy than the polymer 80’s.
You can also build your own version of a Glock 19 X because it has a frame extension polymer 80’s does not allow you to do that. Plus the frames have somewhat of a FN looked them.

RC

Why wait?
Act now, and become part of the class they're fighting to protect.
I could do that. Or instead of spending thousands of dollars on a firearm attorney retainer, I could send those same thousands of dollars to GOAL or SAF, and they will use that money to fight for all of us.

I don't have the skills or the desire to build firearms out of parts that are 80% complete. I DO have an intellectual curiosity about making a firearm virtually out of virtually nothing. If it was possible, I would make an effort to learn.

I could do that. Or instead of spending thousands of dollars on a firearm attorney retainer, I could send those same thousands of dollars to GOAL or SAF, and they will use that money to fight for all of us.

I don't have the skills or the desire to build firearms out of parts that are 80% complete. I DO have an intellectual curiosity about making a firearm virtually out of virtually nothing. If it was possible, I would make an effort to learn.
Every journey starts with a single step.

But - i really don’t understand how you can profess an interest in building from zero if you can’t complete an 80.

image.jpg

There's no requirement to pay for a lawyer. Build a firearm, and you've become part of that class. It's still 100% lawful.

It's 100% possible.

There are countless ways to do it. You could start with a slamfire shotgun. You could try printing a lower from someone else's design. You could take a machining/welding class at your local makerspace, and reproduce any of @Boris build threads.

View attachment 734638
Rah rah.

And still, so much bluster.

5D tactical sells to MA. Not P80 brand, but 80% stuff. They're actually in MA. Wonder if one could just go to their warehouse in Westborough with cash.

Yeah, I didn’t even know about those until a friend brought one by. Not as square in your hand as the polymer 80’s. But also less grippy than the polymer 80’s.
You can also build your own version of a Glock 19 X because it has a frame extension polymer 80’s does not allow you to do that. Plus the frames have somewhat of a FN looked them.

RC
They’ve also announced a metal jig to be released shortly. With the ability to buy packages of the internal metal rails etc. So, theoretically one may be able to 3D print their own frames with equivalent dimensions.

They’ve also announced a metal jig to be released shortly. With the ability to buy packages of the internal metal rails etc. So, theoretically one may be able to 3D print their own frames with equivalent dimensions.
I've experimented with getting the rear rails laser cut
Bending the rear rail is tough without metal jigs - however the GST-9 mod1 uses separate left and right rails which makes bending the rails easy with a bench vise, a block of wood and a hammer.
Front rail can be a bent part with some of the printable frames.

You can do it all with a pair of snips a small hand drill and a Dremel tool. It’s almost impossible to mess it up I had my 12 year-old son drill the holes in one of the polymer 80s I built,
If you can hammer a nail you can build a polymer 80 kit.

RC

a small electric drill,some sand paper and a rat tail file will do the work, although a Dremel is faster.

I started one, never finished it, sold the slide to another NES'r and the parts kit, jig, and partially completed lower is sitting in my junk drawer.

If someone offered me 25 bucks for it I'd take the money and run with it

5D tactical sells to MA. Not P80 brand, but 80% stuff. They're actually in MA. Wonder if one could just go to their warehouse in Westborough with cash.

I've bought from them in the past, AR 80% lowers & the GST-9 stuff but everything for some reason ships out of California I think not MA. Back when I was buying I noticed they were in MA so that's why I went with them figuring keep it local. I think I read somewhere that they are basically the same company as 80% Arms.

Back
Top Bottom