• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Polymer Lowers, Good Or Bad?

I'm betting more modern polymer AR lowers are fine these days. Lots of the more recent models I've seen are either rather beefy from the selector to buffer tube span, or some even have metal reinforcement parts. I think that might be an issue of the past.
IIRC, they did have to do some design and testing for this issue, so it was more than just a material change. But I could be misremembering.

The P80 lowers are good to go for regular use, they have metal reinforcement in them and are beefed up in key areas. I wouldn't rely on one for "go time" but for regular use at the range, plinking, hunting, etc. I'd have no problem.

IIRC, they did have to do some design and testing for this issue, so it was more than just a material change. But I could be misremembering.

Fabrication is probably improving as well. Long fiber impregnation is a far more realistic goal for smaller production these days than when it was just reserved for top end companies.

Both Forgotten Weapons and Runkle of the Bailey posted updates in the last couple days about the GWACS KE Arms lawsuit that either they or YouTube took down.

Apparently GWACS publicly posted the deposition of the guy funding the lawsuit in their filing to apply for a gag order to stop people from talking about his deposition.

Ian's apparently still up on other platforms though.

Back
Top Bottom