Polymer80 build

I found a nice write up online about building the 1911, I will post it here if I can find it again.

Edit ... found it: An 80% 1911 Frame You Can Build in Your Garage
The phantom jig setup is what I had been looking at. With the intent to do a .38 super.

for the small parts on the Glock frame and slide I’ve been mostly using factory parts kits from glockstore. And I really prefer the slide cover plates from milspin.

I ordered the PF940v2, but I didnt order a complete kit, just the frame.

The PF45's present a bigger frame and jig, with greater challenge of keeping all the holes located properly. I used quality painter's tape to help hold ends of the jig in place and was careful about clamping and drilling. Fit was tight, but workable and to me preferable to an 'easy' fit that might allow for some slop.

PF45 front rails are a little longer, thicker, and wider than stock. They fit a stock slide just fine and may actually promote better accuracy. However, some closer tolerance aftermarket slides may be too tight on the PF45 rails. I found this to be the case for the G20 Rock Slide. I'm slowly lapping the rails to fit the slide.

I’ve been seriously tempted to try out doing a G26. But I also hate pistols that need a magazine extension for a full grip.

Agreed 100%, which is why in free states the 43X fills the void between a 26 and 19 so well, except for the 10 round magazine thing

Agreed 100%, which is why in free states the 43X fills the void between a 26 and 19 so well, except for the 10 round magazine thing
AZ is a seriously free state. However for the purposes of concealment. I have some difficulty. Being only 5’8” and 145 pounds. It’s tough to conceal when you are skinny, and it’s hot.

The phantom jig setup is what I had been looking at. With the intent to do a .38 super.

for the small parts on the Glock frame and slide I’ve been mostly using factory parts kits from glockstore. And I really prefer the slide cover plates from milspin.

I'm struggling to find any frame parts in stock. Not surprising, but slightly frustrating

I ended picking frame components up piecemeal through MidwayUSA. I have a slide kit but nothing to put them in.

I have a cheap sight pusher if you need to borrow one. Also I put a Holosun 507C on mine instead of the RMR (same base) and I love it. I think Brownells has them for ~$250 on a good day with coupon.
I also used the Holosun 507C. Really impressed with the green sight during daylight. Would not use anything else.

Back
Top Bottom