Polymer80 build

My fix for the first G20 was to swap out that piece of crap LW guide rod assembly for a factory plastic one. It works with the LW barrel, but you have to let that slide slap home hard to keep it seated for taking off the slide. I’d recommend going the factory recoil spring assembly route. It’s not much $ to try.

I’m running a factory guide rod and recoil spring. I’ll update with a pic of the barrel in a bit.

88D2D8E0-3A7C-44FF-B665-5108E24E1E6C.jpeg So that’s the radius cut on the LW barrel. It’s enough of a radius, the guide rod slides down the flat face below it. Also to note. The top of the chamber (hood?) has some gouges/scoring. Not normal wear. It definitely has depth to it. Seems it isn’t dropping low enough during recoil? All symptoms of an out-of-spec barrel?

Yup, my LW barrels are the same. After this last bout with them, I'm no longer ordering any parts from them. Factory small parts, and KKM or Storm Lake barrels in the 10mm. The 9mm's already have ZEV or Victory First barrels. Any upgrades for small parts would be pyramid or ZEV.

My Glock 20 issues were fixed with polishing and adjusting the rails, and trashing the LW recoil spring for a factory Glock 20 recoil spring.the Glock 19’s were perfect after a barrel swap rom LW to victory first.

Did you send back to them to look at whether the part was out of spec/defective or not?

Curious about their cust service

I purchased direct from one of their suppliers - wasn’t through LW. It’s been awhile since I purchased the barrel so I’m not going to bother. I’m not trashing LW at all - this very well may have been part of a “contract overrun”.

I really didn’t mean for it to be me trashing LW. I like the Grey Man upper on my GF’s pistol. I I should have been more clear. The stuff they had made in South Korea has proven to be my issue. (And one out of spec trigger). The SK stuff has the crummy machined recoil spring area on the barrel that we posted the pictures of.

I didn’t think you were trashing them at all. I just wanted to be clear where I was coming from. We have a habit of grabbing the torches and pitchforks a bit soon. LOL.

Might be a good opportunity to swap to a threaded barrel if I can’t get this one to run correctly.

Did you send back to them to look at whether the part was out of spec/defective or not?

Curious about their cust service
The 10mm slides and barrels, specially the Glock 20 Tactical length uppers were close outs with no returns or exchanges. I ended up buying two pretty much to have Glock 20 slides. All the guts needed trashed, and replaced with factory parts. Then cleaning of rough machined parts.

Basically this slide
Lone Wolf LWD Assembled Slide For Glock 20 Tactical Stock Length 10mm G20T | eBay

Having some trouble with my Pyramid drop in trigger.

I finally pushed the sights onto the green monster, loctited down the RMR cover plate and took it to the range. The first magazine produced excellent results at about 20' so I loaded up a second mag and about 4 shots in shit went weird. The gun basically went to burst mode, first it doubled, then tripled and I shot the f***ing target hanger clip off in surprise.

I did some more delicate testing with just a couple rounds in the magazine, trying to reproduce what happened and diagnose what the problem was. Turns out the trigger reset is so short that even the barest twitch of my finger on the trigger will cause a followup shot.

Turns out it seems to be a not uncommon issue with pyramid triggers. Rather than f*** around with it, I'm thinking about just pulling it completely and dropping in the stock trigger assembly that came with the frame parts kit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this before I start pounding out pins?

Also, should be noted that I have the 2lb firing pin spring and a 13lb recoil spring with stainless steel guide rod installed. Trigger spring is the one that came with the pyramid kit. There were absolutely no problems cycling, FTFs, or FTEs in the about 30-40ish rounds I put through it last night.

Last edited:
Finally got around to replacing the double diamond connector with a stock Glock connector. It solved the problem I had completely and she shoots nice now.

Having some trouble with my Pyramid drop in trigger.

I finally pushed the sights onto the green monster, loctited down the RMR cover plate and took it to the range. The first magazine produced excellent results at about 20' so I loaded up a second mag and about 4 shots in shit went weird. The gun basically went to burst mode, first it doubled, then tripled and I shot the f***ing target hanger clip off in surprise.

I did some more delicate testing with just a couple rounds in the magazine, trying to reproduce what happened and diagnose what the problem was. Turns out the trigger reset is so short that even the barest twitch of my finger on the trigger will cause a followup shot.

Turns out it seems to be a not uncommon issue with pyramid triggers. Rather than f*** around with it, I'm thinking about just pulling it completely and dropping in the stock trigger assembly that came with the frame parts kit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this before I start pounding out pins?

Also, should be noted that I have the 2lb firing pin spring and a 13lb recoil spring with stainless steel guide rod installed. Trigger spring is the one that came with the pyramid kit. There were absolutely no problems cycling, FTFs, or FTEs in the about 30-40ish rounds I put through it last night.

On bright side you were able to shoot like John Wick for the day.

So I tried to clean up the barrel lug where the recoil spring sits. Tried to relieve the corner some to have the guide rod sit where it should. Racking the slide by hand still causes the guide rod to slide down away from where it should sit, parallel to the barrel. But anyway - Just came back from the range to test again. Put ~150 rounds of CCI Blazer through it, and still have problems. Looks like I have to put the coin down on a new barrel at some point.

Just to rule it out - would anyone have a used/spare G19 barrel laying around I could try? I would rather test and know for sure before spending $100+ on a barrel only to not solve the issue.

I just use a factory guide rod, with a heavy spring. I’ve found that letting the slide drop hard seems to keep it in place. However if I try to gently ease the slide, the spring pops low, and I’ve got to get the punch to disassemble.

I made a custom slide for my factory G17 frame. Took a lot of tweaking. Multiple barrels, different weight guide rod springs, firing pin springs, etc.
Wasn't until I put over a case of ammo through it testing all the tweaks did I finally bring it to a GunSmith and let him make the proper adjustments and get it going.

Could be any number of things and combos.
But your decision of trying a factory barrel with the original spring weights might be a good first step to see if that helps.

I ended up having to buy all better parts. Especially the barrel. My cheap $85 barrel was a major part of my problem.

Good luck!

Ordered a new factory Glock barrel & recoil spring/guide rod. We'll see how she runs now...

I picked up a Gorilla Manf skeletonized slide for reasonably cheap and a Glock factory 19C bbl. I'm hoping it makes an interesting combo.

Slide also has the RMR cut. I just-so-happen-to-have. . . . an RMR I picked up on the XC last year. Sorta excited to get it all in and mount it up. My P80 has a sweet trigger (some lone-wolf parts - I forget which). This could be an interesting gun to shoot this way.

Just to follow up with the issues I was having with FTF/FTE & *presumably* the barrel.........Swapped to a factory Glock barrel put ~200 rounds through it without issue. FTF/FTE cleared up.[thumbsup]

Doesn't surprise me. Line Wolf seems to be a big problem for these custom builds.

Sounds like you're good to go and we will see a Glock LW barrel for sale in the classifieds...

Doesn't surprise me. Line Wolf seems to be a big problem for these custom builds.

Sounds like you're good to go and we will see a Glock LW barrel for sale in the classifieds...

Honestly, I was planning to shit-can it.

Mine was not wanting to go completely back into battery every time. Along with that lame wolf guide rod issue. Swapped barrel for a KKM one. And everything is happy now.

Back
Top Bottom