• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Possible new shotgun, your option?

I was at Kittery Trading Post today and saw this Mossberg Shotgun, it is a 835 Tactical. I was tempted to buy it but held off. I would just like everyones option on this gun. Here are some pics, sorry for the blurry one.

mosberg.jpg

mossberglong.jpg

I own an 835 thumbhole stock w/ 20" turkey barrel. They're great work-horse guns, but by the time I was done sticking the Knoxx SpecOps NRS, custom tube extension, and Mossberg factory 18.5" smoothbore barrel on it I hit the $700 mark. If you can find one, I get a Benelli Supernova Tactical w/ factory tube extension.

Well, I found out the NEI makes an 835 grain (as in eight hundred) 12ga slug mold. Anyone wanna help me develope a load for that one with 3.5" shells [smile]

Can't offer any inside opinion, but any new gun is ok by me.
What is your opinion? If you like it, and if you feel its a good price, it should already be yours LMAO

It's ok. it's just a Mossberg. I just bought one similar because of I was sick of my students pawing up my Ithaca pump... They shoot ok but they rely heavily on inertia to operate so you really need to treat them like a first date.[wink]

Soo any options on this particular shotgun?
If you can get past the camo color (I couldn't), it's a pretty cool shotgun with the collapsible stock and 20" barrel. You can't shoot slugs out of it though, but with a Mossberg special ordered 18.5" smoothbore barrel you can. There's a company that makes extensions that fit flush with the 20" barrel and I found a guy that makes extensions that fit flush with the 18.5" barrel.

i was at KTP last year and almost bought the same model, until I found the 535 tactical. I never fired the 835 but instead chose the 535 due to it being lighter and that the 835 had the overbored barrel and which not very friendly to firing slugs of any kind no matter what choke. Not to mention that is costs significantly more than the 535. Overall I really like my 535 tactical turkey, the only down fall is that with it being as light as it is and with the adjustable stock, it has a bit of recoil.

Pump: Benelli SuperNova Tactical

Semi-Auto: Benelli M4 Tactical

On the Mossy however, we have had a number of Mossberg Semi-Autos leave the store and returning customers have been elated with their form and function. I have zero trigger time with the Mossy, but if I were in the middle of the Benelli budget and had to have an SA, I'd consider a Remington 1187 Tac...

Back
Top Bottom