• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Possible Scammer Alert

hyemb350

NES Member
Hey all. I posted a WTB for a Sig stock about a week ago. Got an email from [email protected] saying he has one for $150 shipped, seemed too good to be true. Did a quick Google search of the email address and got 2 scammer hits from ar15.com and sigforum.com.

Could be legit since I can’t accuse first hand but wanted to give a heads up. Not sure if anyone else here dealt with this person. This is the only place I listed the WTB so seems like he’s lurking around here.

Attachments

• CC37656F-11E0-4DCF-A274-107CBB97470B.png
    CC37656F-11E0-4DCF-A274-107CBB97470B.png
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • 5351F3F8-FD17-4C55-850D-172A80D11C10.png
    5351F3F8-FD17-4C55-850D-172A80D11C10.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 21
Quite common on any forums that have buy and sell sections.

You’ll post saying you need something and they will PM you saying they have that exact part, or their friend does, and they also happen to be able to ship immediately, with Zelle, Paypal F&F, or Venmo where you have zero recourse.

Saw it happen all the time on a motocross forum.

Quite common on any forums that have buy and sell sections.

You’ll post saying you need something and they will PM you saying they have that exact part, or their friend does, and they also happen to be able to ship immediately, with Zelle, Paypal F&F, or Venmo where you have zero recourse.

Saw it happen all the time on a motocross forum.
Guess so. Haven’t bought much from here so it’s my first time getting one of those. People suck.

If they’re not New England local I’d automatically assume something weird if someone responded to a WTB on NES.

If you’re willing to take a chance, use PayPal goods/services payment and cover the fee. If the seller won’t do it… guaranteed a scam. If they will, you can likely recover the money if they never ship or the wrong item arrives.

If they’re not New England local I’d automatically assume something weird if someone responded to a WTB on NES.

If you’re willing to take a chance, use PayPal goods/services payment and cover the fee. If the seller won’t do it… guaranteed a scam. If they will, you can likely recover the money if they never ship or the wrong item arrives.
That’s what threw me off. I suppose anyone can join but kinda sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom