Possible Verizon Wireles scam

speedy

NES Member
Just got an email saying that my credit card was rejected and need to update the account or my service was going to get canceled.
I do not have verizon wireless. Or use the email account they used for my important stuff. Looked at the address and it was totally bogus. Becareful outhere. The world is full of a_holes. It is up to you to shove a stick up their rear end.

Last edited:
I got that last week. But the details of the email are still wrong enough to make you just delete the email.

I reported it as spam while logged into their email system, although I don't think they actually do anything to block or investigate spam.

Is this a different scam than their normal scam of requiring full payment for poor cell phone coverage in SE Mass?

I get these emails often. Delete, report spam, move on. My favorites however are the email pleas from some crown prince in Africa who's in jail, or the oil magnate of the Zaboomba Drilling and Well Co. who's being held captive by the military regime and needs me to help him access his funds, or the lawyer in Russia who wants to assist me getting my share of my long lost cousin's inheritance. If I help these fine folks I'll get my inheritance wired to me, or, will get 10% of their money (usually it's 10% of $30,000,000 they claim) for helping them.....and they promise they will wire it right to me. All they need are my bank account information and credit cards for verification. [rofl]

got an official looking email from bank of America yesterday saying that someone tried to log onto my account from another computer, they said that if I didn't validate my info my account would be suspended, so I called BOA directly and they said no issues, I looked at the email address that it came from and could see it was totally bogus, be sure when you get these to report them to the fraud department if you have an actual account with the company, not sure what they can do but hopefully they can catch some of these scumbags

Back
Top Bottom