possibly moving to fitchburg...

well, my life is turning on it's head. I am most likely moving from a small town to Fitchburg in the next month. and my LTC expires in January...[sad] I know Fitchburg won't issue an unrestricted LTC even if my life depended on it. Should I go and renew my LTC in my hometown early so that I can keep the unrestricted?

Okay, I understand. In that case I would try like heck to renew early if they let you.

well, my life is turning on it's head. I am most likely moving from a small town to Fitchburg in the next month. and my LTC expires in January...[sad] I know Fitchburg won't issue an unrestricted LTC even if my life depended on it. Should I go and renew my LTC in my hometown early so that I can keep the unrestricted?

DeMoura is gone. I don't believe there any issues with LTC's at this time.

I'd avoid fitchburg if possible, but with Demoura gone, it shouldn't be a problem to get an unrestricted license. I was able to get one and my sister, who had been issued a restricted license was able to call and get her restrictions removed.

You couldn't pay me to live in the Fitchburg, not for the LTC issues, how about the potholes, the criminals, and any other number of reasons that can pop in my head ( no street lights ? ). I'm only one town away right now and that doesn't seem far enough at times. If your rent was $200.00 more a month, it would be worth it to not have to live in the ghetto!

You couldn't pay me to live in the Fitchburg, not for the LTC issues, how about the potholes, the criminals, and any other number of reasons that can pop in my head ( no street lights ? ). I'm only one town away right now and that doesn't seem far enough at times. If your rent was $200.00 more a month, it would be worth it to not have to live in the ghetto!

If it's within a 3 mile radius of downtown Fitchburg I wholeheartedly agree with you. However outside of that it isn't too bad, and west Fitchburg has some surprisingly nice communities.

If it's within a 3 mile radius of downtown Fitchburg I wholeheartedly agree with you. However outside of that it isn't too bad, and west Fitchburg has some surprisingly nice communities.

right, if you're going to be anywhere in the burg, then west fitchburg is the place to be....closer to the Wachusett Brewery.

You can thank George Bourque and Ted Kennedy for what happened to Fitchburg.

I'm sorry to hear...

No, it's pretty obvious that you don't know. Most of the LTC holders in Fitchburg have unrestricted-As. I've only run into a handful of newbs that got a restricted LTC in the "dark window". Even when that shithead DeMoura was around (he's not now, there's an interim chief who's been here forever) he still would not downgrade A/None holders. I don't expect that to change, even if the mayor hires another DeMoura clone.

ETA: that having been said, I would be willing to bet that getting an appointment will still be a pain in the
ass, but that's a whole other issue... just be glad you're not moving to Everett. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
right, if you're going to be anywhere in the burg, then west fitchburg is the place to be....closer to the Wachusett Brewery.

This, but I'll also add... stay the hell out of any neighborhood that has 9000 cars parked on the street, and you'll be fine.

-Mike

I have a couple of friends that live there. Their apartment or car gets broken into every couple of weeks by the junky that lives upstairs and the police do nothing.

They know it's him as they have woken up with him in the apartment and another time the guys kid gave them back some of the stuff he stole. The cops come and knock on his door, then leave when they find out he's not there.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Regardless, if my LTC was expiring in January, I'd start the renewal process soon

Back
Top Bottom