• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Post Christmas PSA

tuna

NES Member
Keep your eyes open, you’ll see him.

He’ll be the center of a group of like aged kids, 8-12 or so, grouped together to hide “it” from Karens and Soy men. Or he’ll be strutting about with his hip forward so you’ll see the pocket clip.

He’s the kid who just got his knife for Christmas. And he’s just itching to show you his first physical qualifier of joining the club, the first punch on his man card you might say.

Wanna see a kid swell with pride? Make an excuse and brighten his week.

“Hey, Mac! Lemme borrow your knife for a sec, wouldja? Mine is dull and I haven’t had a chance to sharpen it.”

Don’t ask if he has one, all men carry a knife. Ask to borrow like you’re assuming he’s one of us.

What’re you waiting for? Go ahead, make his day.

I get your point, but girls, at least my daughter, don’t show off the knife or want it to be commented on. My daughter enjoys watching peoples faces when she pulls hers out, especially if there are guys around without a blade. But usually it’s not visible and no one knows it’s there.

The young boy’s knife is special. He wants to use it and show he’s one of the big guys.

Heck, I’m almost 50 and want to use my knife to show I’m one of the guys.

I get your point, but girls, at least my daughter, don’t show off the knife or want it to be commented on. My daughter enjoys watching peoples faces when she pulls hers out, especially if there are guys around without a blade. But usually it’s not visible and no one knows it’s there.

The young boy’s knife is special. He wants to use it and show he’s one of the big guys.

Heck, I’m almost 50 and want to use my knife to show I’m one of the guys.
Was being playful. Of course, a knife is a Right of Passage for a young man. Next a gun, then a wife and house and finally a family of his own.
Growth. Much growth and good life lessons are what make Boys... Men.

Back
Top Bottom