• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Post pics of your Shack here!

OK people, lets see pics of your "shack".

NX1Z on northshore of MA. I can handle just about any mode on any band. Here is my shack:

attachment.php

Here are the radio decks (somewhat closer up)
attachment.php

Night Operations at NX1Z
attachment.php

The extended family, and there are some more additions that are missing:
attachment.php

/John

Last edited:
Crappy Cell Phone Pics...

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00101.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

Ignore the mini antenna...

IMG00059.jpg

And my Antenna...it's a 5/8th over 5/8th Cushcraft Ringo Ranger. I love this thing...then it's all I really know. But it does a good job.

soon to be added to when I build and put up a end fed jpole that I got the plans off a Dr in Berkley. He sent me his article from QRZ that he wrote back in 2003 I think...

Antenna001.jpg

NICE! tele-mark...I love that radio. I had the same backpack set-up. But I sold the 817 when I stopped bringing it to the field. I favored VHF/UHF when hiking so I only needed my HT. But, my 817 made it to the top of a few 4K footers in NH over the years before I sold it.

Last edited:
Look at all the purdy rigs. Watching this thread grow is going to prove to be expensive. NX1Z, that setup is awesome.

Look at all the purdy rigs. Watching this thread grow is going to prove to be expensive. NX1Z, that setup is awesome.

I don't even want to guess how much he's got on that table...

Night Operations at NX1Z
attachment.php

I don't even want to know how much that one is there on the bottom left...I think that I have an idea.

I also love it...and would love to come over and watch you use all those radios...

OK people, lets see pics of your "shack".

NX1Z on northshore of MA. I can handle just about any mode on any band. Here is my shack:

attachment.php

Here are the radio decks (somewhat closer up)
attachment.php

Night Operations at NX1Z
attachment.php

The extended family, and there are some more additions that are missing:
attachment.php

/John

Come on John! Leave some for the rest of us....

Is that an FT-847 on the bottom right? How do you like it? I have been thinking of picking one up for my primary base rig.

Yes it is a 847. Its a great VHF/UHF radio. But its just OK on HF. It was engineered to be used to operate the ham satellites and its the best radio ever made for that purpose. But HF is like they just threw it in as an after thought. It was my first and only HF radio for years, but once I upgraded to better HF I only used it on VHF/UHF. It is a great radio for the money though being all BAND and all MODE.

/John

My computer crashed yesterday and I lost every photo I've ever taken with my digital camera[sad2]

I found this older one from photobucket--

DSCN1798.jpg

This is before I added the Kenwood TS-950 Digital, the Kenwood TS-2000, Palstar 1500w tuner and the 1500w tube amp. I will update when I get this computer back up to accept photos.

Ok, I don't have a dedicated "shack" area, and I only have a few radios, that I move around a lot.

But, here are some pictures of some of my fathers and some of my radio equipment. We went a little overboard buying old Icoms, but hey, they were cheap... [laugh]

Here's most of the stuff. Most of it is mine, but the pile of IC-U16's is my fathers, and the IC-32AT is on loan from my father.
DSC00996.jpg

My mobiles, a Kenwood TM-2570A 70watt 2m + fan to keep it cool while on high power, and my Icom U400 40watt 70cm + programming pad.
DSC00997.jpg

The Icom U16 with the Yaesu mic is mine, the rest are my fathers. The batteries are shared.
DSC00998.jpg

Here's my Alinco DJ-180 2m (wetchicken gave me a great deal on this one[smile]), Alinco DJ-S11 2m, Relm WHS150 2m, and my fathers Icom IC-32AT 2m/440.
DSC00999.jpg

Here's an ID I made in about 3min. It says "Northeast Shooters Amateur Radio Association" below my name, because I made it last week, when "NESARA" was the only name suggestion.
DSC01000.jpg

My antennas; the one with the grey coil is a 5/8 wave 2m, the one with the large black coil is a 3/4 wave 2m that I threw together, the one without a bas load coil is a 450mhz GMRS antenna, the one with a short black load is an untested dual band 2m/440 I put together, and the load coil with no whip is a 440-470 that is a POS.
DSC01001.jpg

This is my father’s collection of Bendix King GMRS portables and batteries. We use them when the family is going somewhere, and when we only need to talk to each other.
DSC01002.jpg

A few UHF Motorolas (and some other brand...), that I have to get around to programming, and looking up the specs for them all.
DSC01003.jpg

Not much to see, just some chargers. We have a lot of chargers...
DSC01004.jpg

Picked this up last year at the MIT flea. It's an alarm, yes, but it is also an SWR meter, and it does some other stuff I haven't figured out yet.
DSC01005.jpg

A bin of mobiles... There's several U400s, some Motorola Maxtracs, some remote cables, etc..
DSC01006.jpg

One of my fathers 2 GMRS repeater setups. Neither is set up.
DSC01007.jpg

These are all cool shacks. Its amazing how much every ones shack differs from person to person. Lots of money invested here. People say its an expensive hobby, but its only as expensive as you want to make it.

I dont have current pics but this is my inventory.

UNIDEN BC-785D
GRE PSR-600
YAESU FT8900R
YAESU FT-857D
YAESU FT60
YAESU VX7R
YAESU VX2R
Motorola MTX9000 B7 900MHz
Motorola GTX900 Mobile
ALINCO DJ-235

Back
Top Bottom