Postal Match?

Interested?

• Total voters
derek said:

Maybe I should restate the question.

Do we want to do a Northeast Shooters.com Postal Match, using Fred's Targets at 25 meters?

You would be on your honor, we could make up a few classes to keep competition fair. You'd shoot your targets, get a witness to sign them, and mail them to the coordinator. We could do it on a monthly or quarterly basis. The winner's biggest prize would be the obvious "bragging rights".

When I mention Fred's I mean http://www.fredsm14stocks.com

I'd do it but I'll be damned if I find any targets on that site.

How about 50 yards and find some targets that folks can print from their PC? 50 round NM course?

Though we have to cough up the bucks and buy them from Fred, he's got the old 25 Meter Army Qualification Course. Standing (100m sim), Standing to Sitting/Kneeling (200m sim), Standing to Prone Rapid Fire (300m sin) and Prone Slow Fire (400m sim).

The targets are cheap enough. I'll look into seeing what I can scrounge up.

I'll also look into the 50 yard NM course.

How about the following classes:

Sniper/Advanced Rifle - Optics OK, anything goes.

Semi-Auto Battle Rifle - No optics. Rack grade or NM grade OK, S/A rifle (basically DCM rules)

Bolt Rifle - Military Bolt Rifles, also no optics.

Sounds good but I'm pretty sure they are reduced targets for the 2, 3, and 600 yard line that can be downloaded. Not sure where at the moment.

Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in trying something like this, at least the two service rifle classes. Nothing with optics in the toybox yet.

CD

ETA - I already have SR-1 targets that I use to practice. I also have repair centers for a couple of others, I'll have to look tonight to see which.

After looking at how the NRA handles postal matches, the coordinator really needs to mark the targets and send them to the shooters. It just takes away the 'inclination' to shoot ten targets until you get good one.

What do you guys think?

sounds good to me. he can download them from Ray-Vin, mark and send them to each person who wants to shoot. we fire them up and he posts the results in here.

Brent would be better off using a 12 guage with a full choke instead of an AR15.

derek said:
sounds good to me. he can download them from Ray-Vin, mark and send them to each person who wants to shoot. we fire them up and he posts the results in here.

Brent would be better off using a 12 guage with a full choke instead of an AR15.

Damn!!!

Works for me. Sounds like fun.

Sounds like it could be fun. Will it matter greatly if it's in yards or meters? My local range is set in yards.

Anything happening with this Postal Match idea? I just got the bug and bought a Garand, and I'm totally hooked! Also have an A2 20" AR15, so I'm getting set there. We've been shooting at the only 100 yds we can find here, and I'd definitely like to get started learning about competing. I've got a buddy with another Garand and we've been going through some brass lately, trying to figure it all out.

rockdoc

Back
Top Bottom