Powder recommendation 38 Special/357 Magnum

If you're trying to load for both, and depending on what the twist of that Rossi is ( for years they made all their levers a 1 in 30 twist) go with a 125 gr.
Use unique for the wheel gun and H110 for the lever. Different barrel lengths. You'll get a good burn out of the rifle barrel.

I'm assuming sunshine state is florida, so this place will ship to you. They have 158's and 125's in stock, flats and rnfp's.
Coated cast is a good option too, just stay away from Black Bullets. 90% chance you'll get the wrong diameter from them.

I only buy from ban state friendlies.

For .38Spcl, I load two different loads. 158 Xtreme plated, loaded hot for pins, and 125/130 (can't remember right now) Blue Bullets, for plates/steel, etc. I load both on top of TiteGroup, different amounts.

For .357Mag, I load 158 Xtremes over ?? of Accurate#9.

Sorry I can't be specific with powder amounts - I'm not home - and my presses and load data are...

There are many powders that will work but you should pick several because the one you want may not be in stock. I've used Bullseye, Unique, Titegroup, HP38, Winchester 231 and BE-86 (which is very similar to Unique but meters better).

They are very much ban state friendly. Ordered buckets of their 230 gr when I lived in mass.
Mods don't like it when people say "Company X ships to Mass" . Something about the dyke a.g. Maury Heely it calls itself?

Same process as Target Sports USA.

Walk into a shop in NH or RI and treated like an adult.
Walk into bAss Pro and Cabelos and it’s the 3rd degree. Had to argue with a checkout clerk that wanted to log my Permission slip to buy an MCM Ammo Crate. Refused and made a scene I guess. Got the manager to set the clerk straight, no need for Papers on empty plastic cases.

Anyone else buy a firearm from Cabelas. What a shit show with their extra background checks, and god forbid the milsurp came with a bayo. There’s a reason they have a waiting area LOL.

FJB and FMH

What 357/38 die set is recommended?
Is the Lee 3-die set fine? The delixe carbide 3die seems to be the same as the standard.

Who is using the Factory Crimp die? The 4-die set is more

Coated cast is a good option too, just stay away from Black Bullets. 90% chance you'll get the wrong diameter from them.
What he said.

F*ck Black bullets. They will send you the wrong diameter and try to talk down on you like you are an idiot and diameter doesn't matter.

What 357/38 die set is recommended?
Is the Lee 3-die set fine? The delixe carbide 3die seems to be the same as the standard.

Who is using the Factory Crimp die? The 4-die set is more
I prefer 4 die because I like to crimp in a separate station. All my reloading is done with a separate crimp die. Seating and crimping in one is just weird, I dont like it. I feel I can do a better job adjusting the dies if they are separate, specially if you are trying a few different bullet weights which means shorter and longer bullets.

LEE dies work fine, I have a lot, from my desk I can count at least 12 LEE dies on my bench.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom