PPSh (ППШ) build giga thread (you bet your a**, pictures!)

every time i check back in here i feel so terrible that i still haven't gotten around to working on my AK to get the carrier to slide just right. i know it will go bang, but i don't know that it will return to battery every time. [hmmm]

Wow this is your best work to date. The sticky is well deserved! I've kinda noticed the PPs-43. Looks sweet and very similar to the PPSh. Any thoughts on building one of these? BTW Cold Steel has complete upper assemblies. A little pricey though but complete. http://www.coldsteelsolutionsincorporated.com/csi,_inc_003.htm

that does look pricey at $140. There are no vent holes or the brake, so that's a lot of work still, never mind all the other ATF crap you need to deal with. At the end, PPS go for around $400 or so which is a great deal considering kit is about $70 + receiver. I was thinking about building one, but the kits are so cheap, there is no hurry to grab any of them yet.

that repair section needs to be welded to the cut barrel shroud from the kit. It's just mild steel sheet metal and you would most likely need to fit it to the shroud/ sand down the weld joint. Bring your barrel shroud with you and see if you can pick up a piece of scrap sheet metal from a welder in your area. That should be $5 tops. Spend remaining $70 to buy an angle grinder and a sander that you may use to make even more PPSes. The receiver top is round, so you may bend it over a pipe of appropriate diameter.

Barrel support kit looks like a piece of thick pipe section and bent bit of sheet metal. $70 is only cheap if you can't make them.

OK, I added bolt section and "putting it all together".

Merry Christmas comrades, peasants and workers!

ppsh.jpg

... you see what I did here ... red/green/gold ... fully stocked mags [laugh]

boris you are a mechanical genius. awesome build and awesome thread. for all of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person you need to and then his posts improve at least a solid %100 when you can hear them in his voice.

for all of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person you need to and then his posts improve at least a solid %100 when you can hear them in his voice.

I met Boris a few weeks ago in Natick and I absolutely read his posts with his Russian accent!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

simply amazing work, comrade!

I recognize that range- we need to go shooting. I will bring my rewelded Commie gun and you can bring yours. I need to see this beast so I can understand how it operates. Outstanding!!

Back
Top Bottom