• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prague shooting leaves at least 10 dead, around 2 dozen injured, officials say

Reptile

NES Member

Czech officials say person who opened fire in Prague is dead​

A shooting in the Czech Republic's capital of Prague on Thursday has left 10 people dead and around two dozen injured, officials say.

Police said they were deployed to a shooting at a school in Jan Palach Square and that the shooter has been "eliminated."

Prague’s rescue service wrote on X that there are "11 dead including the attacker, 9 seriously injured, 5-6 moderately seriously injured, [and] up to 10 slightly injured."

Continues...

Better Link...

Last edited:
Hoping the Sellier&Belot and CZ guns still makes its way here stateside 👀

From that link:

Witness statement​

Pavel Nedoma, the director of Rudolfinum Gallery, which also is located in the square, told Czech public television he saw from a window a person who was shooting from a gun toward the nearby Mánes bridge across the Vltava River.
He said: “Upstairs on the walkway of the Faculty of Arts, I saw a man standing with a gun in his hand and shooting towards the Mánes bridge. Then he put his hands up and threw the gun towards the road, it remained lying by the philosophy faculty. Then a lot of people appeared upstairs, I don’t know if it was the police. I left the window and watched the police evacuate people from the Faculty of Philosophy, taking them away with their hands behind their heads in different directions, a large number of cars, people running around.”

The Czech Republic's laws don't have GFZs. I think courthouses are the only place you can't carry, by law. Anyplace that bans carry has to provide a gun safe, I think.

Czech gun laws are wildly out of step with the rest of Europe, in general.

You can get just about anything with the "may issue" collectors permit. Ammo is on a short leash. Restriction-wise, more like MA overall, but better than CA. So just like NZ, use a wind-up toy to get a full ban.

The Czech Republic's laws don't have GFZs. I think courthouses are the only place you can't carry, by law. Anyplace that bans carry has to provide a gun safe, I think.

Czech gun laws are wildly out of step with the rest of Europe, in general.
Yeah hopefully this doesnt deter them...i heard it's pretty much on there

From the article: “Then he put his hands up and threw the gun towards the road…”

This ending would be better if it said “The suspect put his hands up to surrender and was promptly thrown from the roof, where he then lie dead forevermore.”

A friend from the next town has been teaching English in Prague for a few years, and has established permanent residence there. Her parents just got home to NH after a two week visit.

She wasn't near the action, but was understandably upset.

Expect the EU to demand new gun controls in Czech Republic.

Back
Top Bottom