• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prayer request: Medic down

'Doc' Steve (Bozo) H, 3rd/39th, 9 Infantry Division, Vietnam: Silver Star, Bronze Star/'V', Purple Heart, badly wounded during the Battle of 'Y' Bridge, TET mini offensive May 68; a childhood & lifelong friend is being operated on today for a badly fractured cervical (C-4) injury that has left partially paralyzed. His medical outlook is not stellar given his age and medical history. I thought I was ok with it but I'm not, hence the scribble

RE: thought I was OK.....[rofl]

0800 hrs: Sliced my thumb to the bone with a bread knife

1000 hrs: Missed the always, 'I need to poop' clue from Otto the GSD, who then preceded to litter my man cave with land mines.....just to let me know I effed-up. I closed the basement door deal with it tomorrow.

1200 hrs Cancelled doctors appointment...thumb excuse

1201 hrs opened bottle of g 'Joy' sake, for medicinal purposes only

1428 hrs thumb feels better

Prayers for Doc Bozo. As Cams said .mil medics are the bravest men on the field and from my experience in a helicopter too. Our crewchiefs and medics would often have to retrieve casualties in a hostile environment when the ground guys were ducking for cover. My hat is off to all medics for sure.

As a side note, my company heavily supported the 9th Inf Div and had a daily aircraft stationed at Dong Tam.

Back
Top Bottom