Prayer request: Medic down

How’s he doing money wise Rat? I imagine he’s gonna be hit hard with hospital bills, if anyone wants to take up an envelope for him I’ll throw in the first 100.00. Never too late to say thank you to an old warrior.

Well saw the 'Doc' today, he was up and in a decent amount of pain, IMHO which is good. Seems like the Neurosurgeon had to call Midas for more clamps and Home Depot for extra SS screws. C-4 was shattered so they fused C-4 to T2 :oops: lol

Last year I got a call from his roommate in a panic saying he launched off a 6' stone wall with his new JD lawn tractor. I was 5 minutes out and what I arrived he was standing up and smiling, no problem....Me having some training in the medical arts decided to wait for the adrenaline to wear off. We sat on the porch joking for 45 minutes and I observed he was losing color and having trouble breathing. He was still not going to hospital....right... one hour later he couldn't breath and the pain was a 10...he agreed to be driven to the VA Hospital, diagnosis, 7 fractured ribs, a punctured lung, and a pneumothorax.

While visiting the ER I was reading his vitals off the monitor BP was 350/198....How can you kill a man that was shot in the back hoisting an IV's for a wounded comrades in a mini-TET shite-storm, who BTW lost 8'of intestine and his spleen. Ya can't [laugh]

While visiting the ER I was reading his vitals off the monitor BP was 350/198....How can you kill a man that was shot in the back hoisting an IV's for a wounded comrades in a mini-TET shite-storm, who BTW lost 8'of intestine and his spleen. Ya can't [laugh]

Wow............that sumbitch is one tough buzzard.

The 'Doc' survived the operation but is in a lot of pain, believe that's good. Thanks for your prayers ! Of course being a medic he waited 36 hours with a cracked skull and a broken neck, crawled up the stairs and bleeding out on a cushion on the floor for a day & 1/2 before calling for help.
/
Respect to Doc.

Well saw the 'Doc' today, he was up and in a decent amount of pain, IMHO which is good. Seems like the Neurosurgeon had to call Midas for more clamps and Home Depot for extra SS screws. C-4 was shattered so they fused C-4 to T2 :oops: lol

Last year I got a call from his roommate in a panic saying he launched off a 6' stone wall with his new JD lawn tractor. I was 5 minutes out and what I arrived he was standing up and smiling, no problem....Me having some training in the medical arts decided to wait for the adrenaline to wear off. We sat on the porch joking for 45 minutes and I observed he was losing color and having trouble breathing. He was still not going to hospital....right... one hour later he couldn't breath and the pain was a 10...he agreed to be driven to the VA Hospital, diagnosis, 7 fractured ribs, a punctured lung, and a pneumothorax.

Great news, but how is the JD lawn tractor?

SITREP: "Doc ".....Well it's been 8 weeks and after a lot of work we got the Doc's house spotless and 1st floor only user friendly.

Then on I got a call this Tuesday from the 'Doc' stating he had shite himself ran to the shower & fell and broke his leg. It took him 4 hours to crawl to his cell phone and call 911 on his back. He's back in RI Hospital and all the nurses are cracking his nuts...lol

Now he has pins in the tibia & fibula to add to all that TET 68 metal.....lol

You’re a good bro to stick by his side. I can only hope my generation produces a few good men like the doc and yourself. Sad to say I can recall the last time I shite myself and broke my leg, just not at the same time and I’m only 31. Never trust a fart regardless of your age. keep us updated on his status.

No need the "Doc" is 100% P&T, so it's on the VA, it is going to be a long haul though. Us Vets support each other, as you gracious offer of help demonstrates....Keep Up The Fire

If he's in a private hospital he is supposed to notify VA within 72 hours. I ended up in Mass General (the nearest ER) and emailed VA PCP at 71 hours. Damned if they didn't try to transfer me to West Roxbury. MGH told them I was too unstable. I think MGH just wanted to keep their beds full. LMAO. Glad to hear he's pulling through. I don't think any of us ever thought we'd make it this far.

Last edited:
took a knee . . . God Bless . . . don't know if The Lord. Hears Marine's Prayers , but I put one out there . . . Semper. Fi , Forever !

The Good Lord always hears Marine prayers....and medics as well !!!

The 'Doc' is doing great but there are a constant stream of nurses asking him where he got all the scars and who is his 'cute' friend that brings him DD coffee every day....lol

God Bless all of you...

Update on the 'Doc' 12/13/20:

Just before Thanksgiving he slipped getting out of his car which was in neutral, ran over him and broke his fibula. What could go wrong ? Was transported to local hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks. What could go wrong ? Got a call from him today in the rehab hospital he got tested for COVID and he was positive. Being his health care proxy is worse than being in Vietnam

Update on the 'Doc' 12/13/20:

Just before Thanksgiving he slipped getting out of his car which was in neutral, ran over him and broke his fibula. What could go wrong ? Was transported to local hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks. What could go wrong ? Got a call from him today in the rehab hospital he got tested for COVID and he was positive. Being his health care proxy is worse than being in Vietnam

He'll tell covid to eat shit and bark at the moon. He's the Doc!

The Doc is taking all this with a dark killer sense of humor. I don't want a funeral, no mourners, no memorial service. I asked him if I could have lobster and 'Dom Perignon Champagne ' in his memory, he thought that fitting and proper.

Boy I'm having a tough time with this,,,,

Hang in there brother. You da man.

Back
Top Bottom