• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PRE BAN AK47 MAGS?

I know they wont ship to MA I just put that up there for show. I just want to know how can you tell if a AK mag is pre ban?

the only ways you can tell 100% for sure is if there is a date stamp on it.
a lot of AK mags, infact all of the ones ive ever seen, have no stamps on them at all.

when there are no stamps on the mags at all, and they are of the generic style, its impossible to tell if its pre ban or not.

No, not really. Ak mags all look the same for the most part.

However, IIRC correctly if something were to go to court, it is the burden of the state to prove that a hi cap magazine is not preban. It's not your burden to prove that it is. There really is no way to determine, by looking at most AK mags, that is is preban or not.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

As it is Mass. I would expect that by the mere fact that you got busted and had in your posession a "HIGH CAPACITY CLIP" pre or post ban will be largely irrelevant. as we all know these "CLIPS" are the feeding device of choice of all drug king pins. The only purpose of such a thing is to kill as many people as possible..

As we all know these clips have solely been responsible for millions of deaths (no gun needed, the clips are deadly!!!)

Basically, In court, I think you'd be hosed.

As it is Mass. I would expect that by the mere fact that you got busted and had in your posession a "HIGH CAPACITY CLIP" pre or post ban will be largely irrelevant. as we all know these "CLIPS" are the feeding device of choice of all drug king pins. The only purpose of such a thing is to kill as many people as possible..

I've never seen a clip that can hold more than 10 rounds.

You need to be more up on the lingo...

All semi automatic machine guns use high capacity clips. These are the weapons of choice for all the well dressed and well heeled hoodlums. The vast majority are loaded with alternating cop killer and Black Rhino Bullets. (and can also shoot through schools).
I am told by a reliable source that these are handed out free to all gun show attendees (like a door prize).

As it is Mass. I would expect that by the mere fact that you got busted and had in your posession a "HIGH CAPACITY CLIP" pre or post ban will be largely irrelevant. as we all know these "CLIPS" are the feeding device of choice of all drug king pins. The only purpose of such a thing is to kill as many people as possible.

This is somewhat irrelevant, as all these drug "king pins" that your talking about get strung up on 'possession without a license' charges, which is far easier for a prosecutor to convict on.

There is no way to tell. The vast majority of steel bodied AK mags are "pre-ban" (made before Sept '94). I'd be willing to bet that an EASY 85% + of the steel AK mags in this country were made before Sept 1994. All bakelite bodied mags are pre-ban and some of the plastic bodied (Bulgarian) mags are as well.

The mag from the CTD link looks East German... which would obviously be pre-ban. DDR mags are easy to spot, especially if you can handle one up close and check out the inspector stamps on the spine.

lol i know he was kidding but i absolutely hate when people mix up 3 things

1. Clips and Magazines
2. Jail and Prison
3. Probation and Parole

i cant even get past it to siscuss the topic once someone mixes them up lol

This is somewhat irrelevant, as all these drug "king pins" that your talking about get strung up on 'possession without a license' charges, which is far easier for a prosecutor to convict on.

Oh Please!!! Convict a criminal of the crime of something like Felon in posession of a firearm, and actually lock them up? In mass?? Stop the crazy talk!!!

These type of prosections are for those people that have tried to follow the maze of Mass laws for years. In general, a slight slip up and these are used en masse to strip away their rights to own such pieces as well as slap them with heavy fines (the revenue is for the children, you know)..

As for trivia... What WWI/WWII gun used a real and true "high capacity" clip? Was it a Chauchat or a Japanese tripod mounted mg?? (don't know the asnwer, I am trying to remember and asking).

Last edited:
Oh Please!!! Convict a criminal of the crime of something like Felon in posession of a firearm, and actually lock them up? In mass?? Stop the crazy talk!!!

There's no such law in MA, though C. 269 § 10(d) and C. 269 § 10G come close.

seanc said:
These type of prosections are for those people that have tried to follow the maze of Mass laws for years.

Really? Do you know of any prosecution ever under C. 140 § 131M?

There's no such law in MA, though C. 269 § 10(d) and C. 269 § 10G come close.

Really? Do you know of any prosecution ever under C. 140 § 131M?

I hear of plenty of criminals who are caught doing something bad and are not charged with the posession of a gun. Not prosecuted for posession of a firearm w/o a fid card for example. Isn't a 5 yr min sentence for posession of a handgun w/o a license in this state/

As far as prosecuting lawabiding citizens for ridiculous regulations.. Off hand the one that comes to mind is that case (still going on) where the guy was prosecuted by ATF for what they judged to be a functional machine gun, where it wasobviously not.
And just recently, in mass there was a person that was charged with posession of a high cap mag w/o a license.

Sean, you're not making any sense. We are talking about MA law, which the ATF has little to nothing to do with. Please show us your facts or concede.

You need to be more up on the lingo...

All semi automatic machine guns use high capacity clips. These are the weapons of choice for all the well dressed and well heeled hoodlums.

ROTFL. I need to be more up on the lingo?

The clip feeds the magazine, the magazine feeds the chamber. This rule covers all firearms. Yes, including the Garand and other en bloc clip type firearms. The Garand et al, have an internal magazine.

To reiterate, I have never seen a clip that holds more than 10 rounds

That's because they usually have something better to get them on than a firearms charge. Either that, or they don't want to bother putting them away at all.

Back
Top Bottom