pre or post ban mag question?

I am thinking of buying some from another member here for my MarColMar L... they say some Ar-15 mags can work in Ls, but they are really meant to work with specific mags that look kind of like AR-15 mags but are different. I know a lot of folks here say not to worry too much, but this gun is my "Go To" bedside home defense gun and I want to make sure its A-OK legal wise because if I had to use a firearm in self-defense, this is what I'd probably use.

The guy is saying they are pre ban but I don't know. They are original L mags that are made in Spain, have no markings or date codes, and I know L was made only from 86-91 but I dont know about mags

Thank you,
Anthony

Last edited:
That's a fairly rare rifle for these parts. I wonder whether anyone will know...

Don't sweat it, though. If you do have to shoot a bad guy with it, they're taking everything you have and you're not likely to see it again anytime soon. The uncertain legality of an obscure Spanish mag that can't be proven nor disproven will be the least of your worries.

Good luck!

Thank you Dr Grant and Picton. Thx for the quick replies!!!!! B.T.W. Cape Gun Works in Hyannis, Mass was selling the model ls for a while.

What do you mean they are taking everything I have?! I live with several other family members who have FIDs and LTCs. What are they gonna do with people's stuff who wasn't even involved? That's wild

Are they gonna bust in my gun safe and take all my mags guns and stuff?

Last edited:
Thank you Dr Grant and Picton. Thx for the quick replies!!!!! B.T.W. Cape Gun Works in Hyannis, Mass was selling the CETMEs for a while.

What do you mean they are taking everything I have?! I live with several other family members who have FIDs and LTCs. What are they gonna do with people's stuff who wasn't even involved? That's wild

Are they gonna bust in my gun safe and take all my mags guns and stuff?

I wouldn't be surprised if they suspend your LTC once you're charged, meaning they'll take everything on the premises to which you have access. Would you be surprised at that?

I'm a pessimist, though. I could be wrong. In any case, if there's no recognized way to date the mags, and you're clear that they stopped making the rifle in 1991, you've done your due diligence I'd say. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I was in your shoes.

If you know anyone in new Hampshire apex regularly has mags on sale for 8 bucks a piece. The quality and condition were pretty good but I haven't ordered them in over a year.If you do run the cetme mags you can upgrade to the magpul anti tilt followers but you have to notch the bottom of the mag bodies. If you haven’t had much range time with the cetme L you should get out with it and make sure it’s dependable with the ammo and mag you intend to use. I have days we’re mine runs like a sewing machine and other days it malfunctions every third round. It’s an interesting and fun gun but I wouldn’t rest my life on it in a SHTF scenario.

I have one, and they are set up to take AR-15 magazines.
Use the metal ones, because the plastic ones don't work.

Back
Top Bottom