• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preban Uzi Question

First of all the PISTOL started its life as a receiver, not a pistol or a rifle., just like an AR receiver.
Second. These have been sold all over with the stock attached but welded shut.
PPS43C.jpg

Its collapsed or folded, welded in place, and deemed useless.

If we really want to talk, it also takes MG barrels not semi barrels and standard size grip pin.

RC

Last edited:
First of all the PISTOL started its life as a receiver, not a pistol or a rifle., just like an AR receiver.
Second. These have been sold all over with the stock attached but welded shut.
PPS43C.jpg

Its collapsed or folded, welded in place, and deemed useless.

If we really want to talk, it also takes MG barrels not semi barrels and standard size grip pin.

RC
That's not an uzi.

Once it's disabled welded up to no longer function as a stock its no longer a stock.
I have also seen this on semi auto M-11, but can't find the pic anymore. The pistol had the very end of the stock but no rails and it couldn't move at all.

Fine. I'll call my stock an arm brace.

RC

Yup. I was thinking that, but I thought maybe it was a different model or renamed for another country.
I wasn't going to argue over it.

RC

Good a thread as any I guess to drop a tip on UZI's:

Pre 94 32rd mags for $19.95. They were $13.00 a year ago, when I got them. Had a set shipped to me thinking of doing a Colt conversion, but still haven't gotten around to it. They show signs of use, but still pretty solid shape. The "excellent" condition one are $24.95

This must all be some Mass thing. You enjoy the devious complications like a bunch of amateur lawyers.
My recievers go in the book as "firearm".
They don't need to be registered. Even if they did who can tell what they will become until completed.

This must all be some Mass thing. You enjoy the devious complications like a bunch of amateur lawyers.
They don't need to be registered. Even if they did who can tell what they will become until completed.

No. The root question here is the same everywhere. Can you put a 10" barrel on a preban UZI and avoid SBR tax stamp by attaching a welded (non-opening) UZI stock? I'd personally say "no" for the exact reason @eboos' second point. This is no different from pinning a stock on an AR. You can pin it to a nearly useless (unshoulderable) distance, but you still need a tax stamp to SBR it because it is a stock and not a brace.

I'd say that if you have a pre 94 UZI and really wanted the 10", just pony up for the tax stamp as AWB is void for preban and you can have a legit folding stock. If you started with just a receiver that was built to a pistol, then it most likely didn't have a 16" barrel or stock for this conversation to even start.

I agree. They are compliant to a flaw. They are so nervous that many will not even respond to a post in fear of being complacent to a crime.

Mind as well call my solid display barrel a real barrel since it looks like a functional barrel even though it cannot be used in any way.

One question I have seen on another forum was a P-90 with pistol brace.
It was a good one. Since the receiver is the stock, if one could get a receiver that has never be built and transferred as a receiver, could one attach an arm strap to the frame and call it an arm brace...... LOL.

RC

No. The root question here is the same everywhere. Can you put a 10" barrel on a preban UZI and avoid SBR tax stamp by attaching a welded (non-opening) UZI stock? I'd personally say "no" for the exact reason @eboos' second point. This is no different from pinning a stock on an AR. You can pin it to a nearly useless (unshoulderable) distance, but you still need a tax stamp to SBR it because it is a stock and not a brace.

I'd say that if you have a pre 94 UZI and really wanted the 10", just pony up for the tax stamp as AWB is void for preban and you can have a legit folding stock. If you started with just a receiver that was built to a pistol, then it most likely didn't have a 16" barrel or stock for this conversation to even start.

IIRC, All genuine Israeli built IMI Uzis are pre-ban, Action Arms stopped importing them in 1989.

IIRC, All genuine Israeli built IMI Uzis are pre-ban, Action Arms stopped importing them in 1989.

I'll definitely take your word for it. I should have just used any gun for the example, but given they were already talking bout UZI's and I didn't know that fact, I was just trying to clarify the starting condition.

Here's the answer in simple terms.....a brace is NOT meant to be shouldered (and cannot be, legally)

A stock IS meant to, whether or not it's welded makes zero difference.

Here's the answer in simple terms.....a brace is NOT meant to be shouldered (and cannot be, legally)

Not true, ATF gave up that no shouldering bullshit awhile ago but we'll see what happens once they finalize their bullshit pistol edict.

Good a thread as any I guess to drop a tip on UZI's:

Pre 94 32rd mags for $19.95. They were $13.00 a year ago, when I got them. Had a set shipped to me thinking of doing a Colt conversion, but still haven't gotten around to it. They show signs of use, but still pretty solid shape. The "excellent" condition one are $24.95

I have preban IMI mags in the classifieds for cheaper with shipping figured in.

Here’s another source for those interested.
25 and 32 round mags in varying condition.
IMI Uzi Mags

Back
Top Bottom