• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

precision point firearms

He’s a good guy and is usually very helpful.

But, he can get curt after dealing with a seemingly endless series of calls from people (new LTC holders, people without LTCs looking for guns, or straw purchasers who are trying to buy from a list given to them but don’t know what they’re talking about), asking truly stupid questions. He usually answers them and usually with a “I can’t do that/help you” while trying to be quick to get back to in-person customers or to get back to dealing with inventory tasks and handling transfers.

Not that your questions were stupid. Just maybe he had a bad day and you were the unwitting recipient of all that pent up frustration. Your interaction was atypical, but I can’t blame you for going elsewhere.

Hmm yes we all know that there is a shortage of ammo/guns now and yes sellers/shops can be curt/dicks and still sell out of everything...but when things change and inventory is plentiful again (hopefully not wishful thinking) customers will remember who was a dick or not and choose to spend their money accordingly...unless of course they are a major skin flint then they will always pull the deli ticket

Lol have you seen the market in the past year?

So you’re complaining that he didn’t tolerate your tire kicking behaviors?

[rofl]
Taking the op word for it for the sake of this conversation i do find it odd at how many people make excuses for shitty behavior. I am a route manager and deal with all kinds of people. Some more friendly and thoughtful than others. I am always respectful to people regardless of the situation unless they are just being complete a**holes. Then my attitude changes. Not really sure why people are accepting of people acting that way (if true in this situation). Tire kicker or not it's not the customers fault you have shitty customers.

How did I miss this thread?

@CATI so you were asking about color choice? Was that to match your purse?

Have you been tracking the effects of C-19 and BLM on the firearms industry (and the Country for that matter) for the last year+?

Cut him a break — imagine all the noobs flooding his shop trying to buy sh*t and being limited to one box of ammo, and him having to repeat the same story over and over about lack of inventory, etc. if you have kids, you know how annoying it is to repeat yourself 50x before you lose your sh*t. I’m sure your, ‘this vs. that’ and color question was received in a similar manner.

Maybe (just maybe) be a standup guy and try seeing it through his filter and how your questions were received. Additionally, you could have asserted at the time, “Naw man, I’m here to give you my money, I was just looking to shoot the sh*t for a minute...” Instead it sounds like you got butt-hurt.

If it was me, I’d offer him an apology rather than post BS on the forum looking to vent and for someone to play you a song on their violin. Respectfully of course. (It’s just my opinion, and you are free to tell me to Fvck off).

It’s all good.
Go to buy a car. Hey. How do you think this mustang compares to this camaro you are sell?
Oh. Yeah. Blank and blank.
Different thing and with todays Market he doesn't need to "sell"
Everything sells itself.
But it is a little weird when you are expected to stay silent, hand out the money, know everything, shut up and take what you get.
Little balance

Let not be ignorant about his knowledge He is a pro. I am just “one of those guys”. He knows it’s off roster. He can say “I can’t buy it”, how dare you ask me such a stupid question or he can just say he doesn’t know much about it without talking down to another human.

clearly this is not my first purchase. If this was my first purchase it would be worse. walk the person through it. Humor them a little

I asked a pro about what he thought about something in his industry while no one is in the store.

his post says he had three of the FN. He had one black one on display. I asked if he had any other colors available.

I would have taken the black or the other option if was available.

I know how it is Available and the colors it is Available in. Say I did not know and asked that same question. You answer the question
What is more difficult
1) I only have it in black
2) oh.. You are one of those? You just ask questions until you get the answer you want

Either way it was no gun for you!

but as a human to human interaction he is clearly a dick to some people. Why to me? I don’t know. That is on him.

this whole thing took around 20 seconds. I am not asking a thousand questions. We had two questions and 20 seconds. I bought it elsewhere and all the stuff to go with it and it took a total of 15 minutes with background check. And gasp! They answered a question I had
I don't understand why it's just accepted that since firearms, accessories and ammo are flying off the shelves that shop owners get to be rude to customers. That "I don't need your business" attitude shouldn't be ok regardless of situation.

Hmm yes we all know that there is a shortage of ammo/guns now and yes sellers/shops can be curt/dicks and still sell out of everything...but when things change and inventory is plentiful again (hopefully not wishful thinking) customers will remember who was a dick or not and choose to spend their money accordingly...unless of course they are a major skin flint then they will always pull the deli ticket
Exactly right

So many butts hurt. LoL. Yeah sure shop guy should be a big meanie. Absolutely his human right, because you know, a customer had a preference. Fudge that guy amirite!? I mean why spend your hard earned cash on what you actually want? Last I checked this is a paid forum. OP paid too. Sowwy he was too mean to the poor victimized shop meanie, who chooses to sell things that require liscences in commichusetts. Must be so hard answering phone calls, and so many kwestins.

Taking the op word for it for the sake of this conversation i do find it odd at how many people make excuses for shitty behavior. I am a route manager and deal with all kinds of people. Some more friendly and thoughtful than others. I am always respectful to people regardless of the situation unless they are just being complete a**holes. Then my attitude changes. Not really sure why people are accepting of people acting that way (if true in this situation). Tire kicker or not it's not the customers fault you have shitty customers.

100% this! As a business owner I do not subject my clients to the stress of my personal situation. That's not why I am there, that's not why they are there. Everyone has a bad day but either leave that at home or take a day off.

I think a lot of people het off the wrong foot and shit happens. That's what it smells like here. OP sends kicker vibes, shop not down with that, oh well.

I don't understand why it's just accepted that since firearms, accessories and ammo are flying off the shelves that shop owners get to be rude to customers. That "I don't need your business" attitude shouldn't be ok regardless of situation.
Lol sometimes its great, although less tolerated in retail. Firing a random bad customer is not going to put any decent shop out of business. The worst gun shops I've known of in the past 20 years have done 100 times worse than this. And many of them are still around.

That's a pretty shitty store owner.
I've always found him to be a good guy. OP seems to have had a bad experience, but I don't know him from a hole in the wall. I do find it funny that the OP seems to think that him buying it at the other shop means PP lost a sale. That gun was probably sold before he made it across town.

I've always found him to be a good guy. OP seems to have had a bad experience, but I don't know him from a hole in the wall. I do find it funny that the OP seems to think that him buying it at the other shop means PP lost a sale. That gun was probably sold before he made it across town.
I said multiple times he would have no issue selling it. that is not the point.

It really is no big deal for him or me at the end of the day.

All I know is if you talk to a person you do not know like that you have some personal issues. Again. Not my issue, I am fine. I will live and shop elsewhere.

Yup... no one is saying PPF was right. I just commented that he’s been a strong supporter of 2A to help us. If they pissed off the OP, then he did the right thing by taking his business elsewhere

Seems pretty strange for someone to bash a shop in a new thread when there has been a review thread for Precision Point Firearms since 2013 when I first opened it. Seems even stranger for him to keep adding to it and then post pictures that he bought the gun elsewhere. Not sure if this is in intentional hit piece on A company who has done more for gun rights in this state than most, including partaking in several federal lawsuits Against elected officials in Massachusetts.

Or maybe I’m looking into this too much and you just perceived his actions incorrectly.

Or maybe you’re just stupid and that’s exactly how he treated you. You probably deserved it.

Doesn’t matter to me because I no longer own it, but Chris has always been helpful, and I wouldn’t have sold it to someone who wouldn’t continue the same service that I had given when I owned it.

Seems pretty strange for someone to bash a shop in a new thread when there has been a review thread for Precision Point Firearms since 2013 when I first opened it. Seems even stranger for him to keep adding to it and then post pictures that he bought the gun elsewhere. Not sure if this is in intentional hit piece on A company who has done more for gun rights in this state than most, including partaking in several federal lawsuits Against elected officials in Massachusetts.

Or maybe I’m looking into this too much and you just perceived his actions incorrectly.

Or maybe you’re just stupid and that’s exactly how he treated you. You probably deserved it.

Doesn’t matter to me because I no longer own it, but Chris has always been helpful, and I wouldn’t have sold it to someone who wouldn’t continue the same service that I had given when I owned it.
lol a hit piece.

Ask him what his issue was with me and a couple people messaged me that he was the same to them as well as people have posted similar experiences.

Clearly he is fine for the majority of people. Some days he acts like a sensitive SOMETHING and takes out whatever mental or personal issues he has on strangers trying to buy stuff. Not be his friend, interrupting his day in his open retail store. Behind that OPEN sign

Last edited:
I’ve been a customer of PPF for about 4 years now and have never had a bad interaction. Chris is awesome, super helpful, and a great guy. You need to realize it’s a sellers market, and guns are sold out the second they hit the shelves. When noob customers come in and harass you with the same stupid questions 100x a day, eventually someone’s gunna get a smartass answer. From the hundreds of hours I’ve spent in this store i am going to say I 1000% believe you were prob being a dick for Chris to get snappy with you.

Unrelated question but why the Civil Defense ammo? I suspect stores stocking either that or RIP use it as a litmus test.

Unrelated question but why the Civil Defense ammo? I suspect stores stocking either that or RIP use it as a litmus test.

Since MAR of 2020, shops are selling literally anything they can get their hands on. It's up to the customer to determine whether or not it's shit. Ask any dealer if they have a choice of defense ammo from distributors... the answer is going to be a very hard NO. You get whatever they're willing to send you. If you don't, then you get nothing. This means some weeks you get normal good shit like critical duty or other mainstream ammo. Other weeks you get mediocre garbage. It is what it is.

Also there are weird buyers that like stupid shit like that. If you are in pure retail and you notice a trend of people asking for stupid shit, and you don't fill it, at some level you're squandering an opportunity. Go to free america- there are tons of really good gun shops that sell both HI POINTS, Tauruses, and then two cases down you might find a high end CZ, Springfield, or Wilson Combat even. Different sets of customers demand different stuff, too.

When pretty much all other shop owners responded to requests for participation with "no, not me, I do not want to risk angering the AG".

I said multiple times he would have no issue selling it. that is not the point.

It really is no big deal for him or me at the end of the day.

All I know is if you talk to a person you do not know like that you have some personal issues. Again. Not my issue, I am fine. I will live and shop elsewhere.
I get all that. But going forward, the general etiquette in this ridiculous state is to throw some money around a shop and build a rapport before you start beating around the bush about off list guns.

I get all that. But going forward, the general etiquette in this ridiculous state is to throw some money around a shop and build a rapport before you start beating around the bush about off list guns.
More than that one has to have realistic expectations of most shops. There are only a handful willing to look at stuff outside the wire. The rest are wearing underwear only allowed by EOPS/CMR 940.....

I will post the exact interaction as close to word for word as I can. I am going to buy a FN FNX 45. He has them listed on Facebook. Another larger store has them listed as well

Walk in.
Greeting
Him - How can I help you?
Me - hi. I am looking at what you have
Him- (sigh) picks up box on table. Puts it back down
Me - what do you feel about this (FN) in comparison to the cz?
Him - (sigh) I have no comparison. The CZ is off roster. You can’t buy it. So I have no comparison. You can’t buy it so how would I know ?
Me - oh. Ok. Do you have this in only this color?
Him - (sigh). ...... you know ...... you know..... I don’t know if you are just one of those guys....
Me- just one of those guy?
him- yeah. Just one of those guys that doesn’t know about guns. One that just got a license and doesn’t know. And just asks a bunch of questions and think they will get the answers they want if they ask.
Me- I asked one question but have a nice day.
Him - have a nice day sir

Now.
Here is the issue.
1) This was a 10-20 second interaction so I guess I wasted all his time.
2) he is right I asked about a off roster gun. But the question was how he felt about the comparison.
3) yes I asked two questions. Not one.
4) say this was my first gun. How would that experience be for a first time gun owner to ask a question and get shut down that they dared to ask a question.
5) the price was a little higher here. But I like to buy from smaller places as I have a couple smaller stores.
6) I ended up buying the FN from a larger store and am in the parking lot of the larger store writing this now.
I will post the exact interaction as close to word for word as I can. I am going to buy a FN FNX 45. He has them listed on Facebook. Another larger store has them listed as well

Walk in.
Greeting
Him - How can I help you?
Me - hi. I am looking at what you have
Him- (sigh) picks up box on table. Puts it back down
Me - what do you feel about this (FN) in comparison to the cz?
Him - (sigh) I have no comparison. The CZ is off roster. You can’t buy it. So I have no comparison. You can’t buy it so how would I know ?
Me - oh. Ok. Do you have this in only this color?
Him - (sigh). ...... you know ...... you know..... I don’t know if you are just one of those guys....
Me- just one of those guy?
him- yeah. Just one of those guys that doesn’t know about guns. One that just got a license and doesn’t know. And just asks a bunch of questions and think they will get the answers they want if they ask.
Me- I asked one question but have a nice day.
Him - have a nice day sir

Now.
Here is the issue.
1) This was a 10-20 second interaction so I guess I wasted all his time.
2) he is right I asked about a off roster gun. But the question was how he felt about the comparison.
3) yes I asked two questions. Not one.
4) say this was my first gun. How would that experience be for a first time gun owner to ask a question and get shut down that they dared to ask a question.
5) the price was a little higher here. But I like to buy from smaller places as I have a couple smaller stores.
6) I ended up buying the FN from a larger store and am in the parking lot of the larger store writing this now.
Your post is close but not entirely correct.
Yes you did ask some basic questions when you came in. The first question you asked was, if I remember correctly, what I had for inventory. I explained all I had what was in the case. I did express how difficult product is to find and at this time we could not special order anything. Then you asked if I had the FNX45 in FDE I said no I have what’s in the case. I believe this is when you asked about the CZ. Yes I said I couldn't make a comparison. I did mention it wasn't an approved firearm for a dealer to sell in Mass. And you asked again. I'm not sure what you expected of me. Yes at this point assumed you were just braking my back.

It's weird how many people act like this. Never before March 2020 did I receive calls or visits from customers that acted in this manor. This type of conversation happens a few times every day. I guess I don’t understand. Sounds like you ,CATI, understand the current market with firearms. Why push a question about ordering or of current inventory if I’ve already explained what I have and lack of what's available to order? I receive a lot of calls and visits from people acting totally green . I am asked the usual questions of why noting is availably and when will it be. I explain the situation from my understanding. Then I am amazed when I am told by the customer that's what all the other shops tell them. Every shop nation wide is struggling to inventory. This line of questioning when someone understand what is happening baffles me. The drought we are in for product has show me how rude some people can be when they don't get what they want.

Most current customer are new and need help. All the new people call and coming in are genuinely looking for sound advice. I try my best to give accurate information based on my understand of the laws. There's a lot of inaccurate information being passed around. We were all the new guy on the other side of the counter at one point. This God awful state and rules makes it hard for new LTC holders.

I have to be honest its not as much fun as it was a year ago. I'm not implying that I am an Angel or always have my best foot forward. I'm not upset that I am being criticized. We all need to be checked from time to time. But its encounters like this that get me down. I wasn't at my best but your questions and tone contributed to the encounter . It wasn't a 20 second transaction. Brief was your visit under 5 minutes. I was opening packages while talking to you and when you were looking in the shop.

I hope you left a good review for the other shop after this one. A lot of people are quick to complain. I am a little curios if you went in with the same line of questions for them.

I'm not on NES a lot. I do spend a lot of my time out of work addressing emails and other social media. I put a lot of time in and out of the shop. It's part of owning a business but more so the climate of the amount of demand for product right now. A couple people sent me the this post and I thought it necessary to respond. Thanks to everyone that left a positive messages.

PPF has not change the mark up on any of the products we sell. The prices we post are as completive today as they were pre plandemic. I try my best to offer good quality products.

Your post is close but not entirely correct.
Yes you did ask some basic questions when you came in. The first question you asked was, if I remember correctly, what I had for inventory. I explained all I had what was in the case. I did express how difficult product is to find and at this time we could not special order anything. Then you asked if I had the FNX45 in FDE I said no I have what’s in the case. I believe this is when you asked about the CZ. Yes I said I couldn't make a comparison. I did mention it wasn't an approved firearm for a dealer to sell in Mass. And you asked again. I'm not sure what you expected of me. Yes at this point assumed you were just braking my back.

It's weird how many people act like this. Never before March 2020 did I receive calls or visits from customers that acted in this manor. This type of conversation happens a few times every day. I guess I don’t understand. Sounds like you ,CATI, understand the current market with firearms. Why push a question about ordering or of current inventory if I’ve already explained what I have and lack of what's available to order? I receive a lot of calls and visits from people acting totally green . I am asked the usual questions of why noting is availably and when will it be. I explain the situation from my understanding. Then I am amazed when I am told by the customer that's what all the other shops tell them. Every shop nation wide is struggling to inventory. This line of questioning when someone understand what is happening baffles me. The drought we are in for product has show me how rude some people can be when they don't get what they want.

Most current customer are new and need help. All the new people call and coming in are genuinely looking for sound advice. I try my best to give accurate information based on my understand of the laws. There's a lot of inaccurate information being passed around. We were all the new guy on the other side of the counter at one point. This God awful state and rules makes it hard for new LTC holders.

I have to be honest its not as much fun as it was a year ago. I'm not implying that I am an Angel or always have my best foot forward. I'm not upset that I am being criticized. We all need to be checked from time to time. But its encounters like this that get me down. I wasn't at my best but your questions and tone contributed to the encounter . It wasn't a 20 second transaction. Brief was your visit under 5 minutes. I was opening packages while talking to you and when you were looking in the shop.

I hope you left a good review for the other shop after this one. A lot of people are quick to complain. I am a little curios if you went in with the same line of questions for them.

I'm not on NES a lot. I do spend a lot of my time out of work addressing emails and other social media. I put a lot of time in and out of the shop. It's part of owning a business but more so the climate of the amount of demand for product right now. A couple people sent me the this post and I thought it necessary to respond. Thanks to everyone that left a positive messages.

PPF has not change the mark up on any of the products we sell. The prices we post are as completive today as they were pre plandemic. I try my best to offer good quality products.
It happened a little bit ago

But I will stand by it not being five minutes of convo not being correct and no repeated questions. And I would never ask about ordering anything. I am unfortunately a impulsive buyer. Wake up in the morning. I want this. See who has it and get it.

and the convo was
Introduction.
Pointing at the FN and asking what your thoughts of it vs off roster. (My bad)
“Do you have this in FDE?.
And the rant.

but that is MY memory and interpretation of what happened

But yeah. It happened a while ago. And neither have perfect memories.

About the other place. I bought eight firearms from them. I am sure even though I bought eight firearms and $6k plus they have no clue who I am. They are always just fine. I talked to them a little. It’s a bigger place. They are employees. Not the owner. So rants would not be allowed by the boss

I own retail stores as well. I get it. I am in little more mild with my customer interaction but the great thing is your place your rules.

Good luck. Thanks for the response

Back
Top Bottom