Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Lever

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Pump

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
I really can't say that I prefer one over the others. Like several others have said, it depends upon the firearm and usage.

Being a lefty single shots like the Ruger No 1 or Browning 1885 was my go to action but now I've more bolt guns most right hand but 3 are left handed. Browning T bolt,Remington 700 308 and the last acquired a CZ 527 in 223.

Just my take--how can you decide just one? Pump is the most viscerally satisfying, but lever is the extremely fun and bolt is gratifying when the action's precision is like a swiss watch and it cycles like skating on glass.

No room for revolvers?
Sex_Machine.png

Just my take--how can you decide just one? Pump is the most viscerally satisfying, but lever is the extremely fun and bolt is gratifying when the action's precision is like a swiss watch and it cycles like skating on glass.
It isn't so much just one, I think we all gravitate towards one action and I was just curious if there was one that was more popular or if it was a even spread. It has been pointed out each has their use so I don't hold one over the other I enjoy pumps but I also love single shot falling blocks like the ruger no 1

I'm assuming that we're talking rifles, correct?

Because if we're talking pistols, though I really dig the Mare's Leg, I think for pistols my favorite is gonna be the Single Action revolver.
Single shots and single actions for me, too. Once had an H&R .30.30 with barrel cut down to 16" and stock trimmed to fit me like a shotgun. Deer-slaying SOB. I miss that gun.

I don't like guns that cock themselves. I don't like automatic headlights, either.

Even though I have an 1100 there is nothing like the sound and feel of pump shotgun. I owned a Mossberg 500 and an 870 before I owned the 1100.

For rifle absolutely a bolt. I cut my teeth on a single shot bolt action Remington 540. Every deer I have taken was with a Springfield 1903A3 or a Remington 700.

Those who know me from IDPA know I spent a few years competing with a revolver.

Back
Top Bottom