Prep of The Day Thread

Just tilled some new garden spots this morning and planted 4 ten foot rows of Roma beans. Tomorrow morning, putting down weed block tarps and planting 20 assorted tomato plants and two 40 foot rows of beets in the soil I tilled today.

For planting the beans, I use a bread crumbs container and they shake out nicely in the furrows. I tend to over seed when planting but they seem to do well.

Last edited:
Weird thought here….do you serious preppers address your prep stash in your will? Seriously, you spend a lot of time, money and effort making sure you are prepared, but if you die, who gets what? Do you at least make sure it gets donated to a homeless shelter or something?

Weird thought here….do you serious preppers address your prep stash in your will? Seriously, you spend a lot of time, money and effort making sure you are prepared, but if you die, who gets what? Do you at least make sure it gets donated to a homeless shelter or something?
My family who are preppers would get more preps in there coffers, along with guns and ammo. I would smile as I look down on them knowing I left them in better shape.

Ordered extra clothing for future use:
Wrangler Cargo Shorts, Wrangler Outdoor Rugged Utility Pants, Fruit Of The Loom Tees, pair of Timberland PRO boots.
socks and underwear.

I already have back ups of these items, but I found great pre-inflation pricing on Wrangler.com, and Amazon. These are backups for my backups (and a hedge against
future price increases.)

Ordered extra clothing for future use:
Wrangler Cargo Shorts, Wrangler Outdoor Rugged Utility Pants, Fruit Of The Loom Tees, pair of Timberland PRO boots.
socks and underwear.

I already have back ups of these items, but I found great pre-inflation pricing on Wrangler.com, and Amazon. These are backups for my backups (and a hedge against
future price increases.)
Just reminded me I have to check if my stored jeans still fit!

Just reminded me I have to check if my stored jeans still fit!
Don't worry about that, you'll lose weight due to lack of food in hard times and they'll fit perfectly.....probably be baggy in a month or so into SHTF. ;)

What you'll need to be concerned with is your clothes fitting like you're still well fed when everyone else's clothes are falling off of them. Hiding your food access will become a security issue when everyone around you is going hungry and notice that your clothes still fit well because you're well fed.

Last edited:
Don't worry about that, you'll lose weight due to lack of food in hard times and they'll fit perfectly.....probably be baggy in a month or to into SHTF. ;)

What you'll need to be concerned with is your clothes fitting like you're still well fed when everyone else's clothes are falling off of them. Hiding your food access will become a security issue when everyone around you is going hungry and notice that your clothes still fit well because you're well fed.
Oh I hamve plenty of food!

I just ordered $600 in canning lids and rings (50% regular and 50% wide mouth) - showing on sale from Mason and I already have a bunch of jars I saved from my folks and grandmother. I bought a pressure canner several years ago, a book on how to do it (my grandmother didn't need a book as she did it for 70+ years when she passed at 92.5) and the salts, vinegar and assorted you need for it.

Last week I added more flour and sugar to my preps (total now 120lb flour and 100lb sugar in vacuum pack bags) Don't forget your salt, baking powder, baking soda, dry milk and cooking oils.

This is looking to be a long term (think a year or more) of scarcity - not even getting to power shortages this summer and heating costs this winter.

*Example of scarcity: Flour stock was depleted to 1/2 pallet at BJ's and Sugar was down to a single layer on the pallet - I did not see anymore stacked on the high shelves.

Back
Top Bottom