• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preppers get together in Southeastern Mass

Knob Creek

NES Member
I'm trying to gauge the interest in a get together or a series of them for like minded people to share information on preparing. Could include demonstrations in Food Growing, Preparation and storage, canning, Fire Starting, Rocket Stoves, Water storage and purification, and First Aid by some people in the know that want to share a skill. I could have a Club in Southeastern Mass that would be willing to host it.

PBOBT31.jpg

Sounds interesting but I don't know that I have any skills to share. Don't have any snug shorts with cute little cuffs, either.

Let’s do it!!! I have a couple buddies that would love this too.

Hell I would do a talk on knife sharpening or something if you think it’s worth it.
Knife sharpening would be good. I expect 90% of most knives out there are as dull as their owners. LOL May do a canning class in the fall too.

Someone who has a good working knowledge of Baofeng programming from the keypad should hold a brief class for anyone using those radios who isn't completely comfortable doing the programming.

Or, someone bring a computer and cable and program radios for people. They can bring their own frequency list or have the entire group program the same frequencies for commonality among allies.

Someone who has a good working knowledge of Baofeng programming from the keypad should hold a brief class for anyone using those radios who isn't completely comfortable doing the programming.

Or, someone bring a computer and cable and program radios for people. They can bring their own frequency list or have the entire group program the same frequencies for commonality among allies.
I have a couple HAM clubs in the area. I can reach out to.

Knife sharpening would be good. I expect 90% of most knives out there are as dull as their owners. LOL May do a canning class in the fall too.
Usually they are. Hell maybe a Lee Loader class for shotshell loads or something too.

I have a couple HAM clubs in the area. I can reach out to.
Now this I need to get into. I have zero inspiration to get my license but I think something like that would light the fire

Interested !!! Might be able to help out with some things and have some friends that would be interested in attending.

Looking for shady Lakes Region NH loners who keep to themselves but realize strength in numbers is necessary... especially when the WWIII SHTF.

Little trust is expected or given, it is something to be developed over time. I think it starts with a mutually respectable understanding that if we are here, we understand the need. If we are all prepping, actually stocking up and practicing our skills, then we bring something to the table in survival and that is amplified when in a mutually assured protection group.

And why should we trust you?!
Perhaps some of you guys in the cities and those close to large cities, need to consider chumming up with people further away from all the "possibly" starving mauraders and "possibly" radioactive cities... that way you have somewhere to take all your stuff and survive.

Two is one, one is none... and a whole group who meet up and train together is a ton better.

Perhaps some of you guys in the cities and those close to large cities, need to consider chumming up with people further away from all the "possibly" starving mauraders and "possibly" radioactive cities... that way you have somewhere to take all your stuff and survive.

Two is one, one is none... and a whole group who meet up and train together is a ton better.

I can see how from your location, I live in the city [laugh] but I'm no longer anywhere near Boston, except virtually.

I'm open to discussions like that with others in my little corner of the state

I can see how from your location, I live in the city [laugh] but I'm no longer anywhere near Boston, except virtually.

I'm open to discussions like that with others in my little corner of the state
Good to hear. Hopefully far enough fom the big city then as I'm sure they have a few planned for NYC alone. I assume they have one for every Capital City and hoping the one for Concord NH misses and hits further south. I still got masks because of the wind current factor. Even though I'm originally from Massahole I definitely don't and won't miss it... Heh.

Back
Top Bottom