Price check - Preban Colt with Le6920 upper

puška m70

NES Member
I am thinking about selling a pre-ban colt. I purchased it BNIB as a complete Colt Sporter lightweight and put probably under 1000 rounds through the lower. I'm thinking of selling it because it's been sitting unused in my safe and I need to fund other projects.

It is a pre-ban sporter lower, with a new mil-spec carbine buffer, magpul adjustable stock. BCM Gunfighter pistol grip, all other lower parts are factory Colt. Upper is a LE6920 I bought new, have a carbine length gas system with a pinned gas block. Midwest industries full length free float M-lok rail. MBUS irons.

What would something like this be worth?

Last edited:
You'd have to look around on Gunstroker and see what similar rifles sell/ sold for.
Prices run the gamut, so theres that.
If you want to unload it, underprice it. You might not get back everything you put into it.

I hope you still have the original lightweight sporter upper. If so, sell a complete Preban sporter, and then sell the 6920 upper separately. The 6920 upper wouldn’t add much value to the Preban. Caveat that if you don’t have the original upper, that 6920 upper should be packaged with the lower. You’d get more for that upper as part of the Preban package than you would separately… just not as much as the original upper.

I’ve found that even factoring in commission, selling Preban ARs through local dealers will get you more money than trying to sell it yourself. I’m not sure what the current gunbroker market is though. Even at the height of Covid/riot panic time, local dealers selling prebans would net more money.

Back
Top Bottom