Price Gouging of Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually found some 9mm in stock today but the prices were... [puke]

1. Dick's Sporting Goods (2 different stores) - Remington 9MM 115GR FMJ

$39.99 for 50 rounds. 80 cents/round. No, not Golden Saber... bulk!

2. The Gun Room (Shrewsbury) Fiocchi 9MM 115GR FMJ - $44.50 and the boxes looked like they had been through a war. I honestly think someone probably pulled these out of their own stash and is trying to sell them through the store. I should have checked for date codes on the box but was too much in shock at 90 cents/round for old bulk ammo. I don't know why I go into this place.

Unfortunately I just got my 9mm recently so I don't have any ammo stockpiled. Guess I'll keep popping into Walmart and maybe one day will get lucky.

Anyone else notice stores trying to cash in on the current shortage?

a buddy bought some Saturday at Shooters outpost in Hooksett, Fiocchi $15/box. they had 30 boxes, he grabbed 6

You just listed the 2 worst "gun shops" in the state. [laugh]

They both need to catch on fire, no one harmed of course.

$39 for 50 rds of 9mm? Eek. Free market at Dick's.

Actually found some 9mm in stock today but the prices were... [puke]

1. Dick's Sporting Goods (2 different stores) - Remington 9MM 115GR FMJ

$39.99 for 50 rounds. 80 cents/round. No, not Golden Saber... bulk!

2. The Gun Room (Shrewsbury) Fiocchi 9MM 115GR FMJ - $44.50 and the boxes looked like they had been through a war. I honestly think someone probably pulled these out of their own stash and is trying to sell them through the store. I should have checked for date codes on the box but was too much in shock at 90 cents/round for old bulk ammo. I don't know why I go into this place.

Unfortunately I just got my 9mm recently so I don't have any ammo stockpiled. Guess I'll keep popping into Walmart and maybe one day will get lucky.

Anyone else notice stores trying to cash in on the current shortage?

Your first mistake was going to Dick's. Your next mistake was going to the Gun Room.

It is all supply and demand. There is pretty much no supply right now. Demand is at panic levels. Those of us who have been at this for a time (I'm an old fart and remember the silliness from the Clinton Gun Ban) and who probably tend towards the "be prepared" side are sitting on ammo sufficient for every weapon in the gun safe. Live and learn.

I'd love some recommendations for where to buy ammo in the Worcester area! I've only checked out the wretched places listed above, plus Walmart (I hate WM but at least they have cheap ammo, WHEN they have it). I've also been to Pullman Arms, awesome shop, but not much in stock for ammo.

I'd love some recommendations for where to buy ammo in the Worcester area! I've only checked out the wretched places listed above, plus Walmart (I hate WM but at least they have cheap ammo, WHEN they have it). I've also been to Pullman Arms, awesome shop, but not much in stock for ammo.

I'm not near Worcester at all but I can tell you that ammo is scarce. And people are hoarding so once they realize how much money they're sitting on it'll trickle back into the classifieds. Walmart is a good place to look but it's so crowded. One guy can come in and buy out all the 9mm, and they can't re-order their stock. Have you been checking the Walmart ammo megathread?

Don't tell anyone but we have boxes of 9mm for $13.99. While we have over 150k rounds in stock we do have limits on how many boxes you can buy at the current time. As soon as ammo starts appearing at the distributer level we will remove the limits.

I hear the same story in MA, NY and PA. Shit!

Well, I'm for free market and if people are charging $100 per box, that's their business. What I'm actually pissed off about is .gov would cramp on importing ammo from elsewhere to meet the demand. That's not free market. THAT suck!

I'm not near Worcester at all but I can tell you that ammo is scarce. And people are hoarding so once they realize how much money they're sitting on it'll trickle back into the classifieds. Walmart is a good place to look but it's so crowded. One guy can come in and buy out all the 9mm, and they can't re-order their stock. Have you been checking the Walmart ammo megathread?

Thanks for the heads up on the megathread, I'm a forum newb and still learning my way around. I'll check it out.

What dicks sporting goods was that? I was in saugus the other day and they were 14.99 a box.

Don't tell anyone but we have boxes of 9mm for $13.99. While we have over 150k rounds in stock we do have limits on how many boxes you can buy at the current time. As soon as ammo starts appearing at the distributer level we will remove the limits.

Any chance you have .223 in stock?

Last edited:
What dicks sporting goods was that? I was in saugus the other day and they were 14.99 a box.

Worcester (Lincoln street) and Northborough (Northborough Crossing) both priced at 39.99/box. The guys working there acknowledged it was a crazy price and that they get complaints about it. Northborough said they have contacted corporate about it because they thought it was a mistake, but it's been that way for a couple weeks now so... doesn't seem like a mistake.

Four Seasons had a ton of Federal 5.56 20 round boxes in stock today. $9.99 a box, limit of 10 boxes.

I was there today also and was surprised at how empty it was, I could actually see the floor!

Anyway, there is no such thing as "price gouging." In a free society private businesses are allowed to set a price and if it is too high they will not sell anything. If it is too low they will sell out and there wouldn't be anything left for you anyway. The real target of your discontent should be the AG that effectively prevents you from having a more varied(out of state) selection.

Stopped at Cabelas on our way home Sunday. It was very weird and creepy, looking at all those empty shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom