Primer Source

Have you ever crushed a primer while reloading?

I am not sure what you would need to be doing to ignite all those primers.

I have not crushed a primer. But my buddy Shawn down the street blew up a stack in his Dillon XL650. He already had PTSD, he was not a happy camper that day.

I have not crushed a primer. But my buddy Shawn down the street blew up a stack in his Dillon XL650. He already had PTSD, he was not a happy camper that day.
I would like to see how hard people push on the handle. I have heard stories about people blowing up a primer and all the primers in the tube in a 650.

I have posted pictures of primers (in the reloading forum) I crushed in the 750, folded them in half, like a taco, didnt blow up.

I also wasn't very agreesive.

I would like to see how hard people push on the handle. I have heard stories about people blowing up a primer and all the primers in the tube in a 650.

I have posted pictures of primers (in the reloading forum) I crushed in the 750, folded them in half, like a taco, didnt blow up.

I also wasn't very agreesive.

The 650s blow up because they have that f***ing turret the primers go in. If one of those goes off, it lights off the whole turret plus the magazine tube of
primers. The best ones are the guys who have flourescent lamps over their loading bench so it fires the feeding rod from the primer magazine straight up into the light fixture, destroying it, and covering the now deaf reloader with broken glass.... [rofl]

The 650s blow up because they have that f***ing turret the primers go in. If one of those goes off, it lights off the whole turret plus the magazine tube of
primers. The best ones are the guys who have flourescent lamps over their loading bench so it fires the feeding rod from the primer magazine straight up into the light fixture, destroying it, and covering the now deaf reloader with broken glass.... [rofl]
So now I have THIS to look forward to....................

Guys - there's no conspiracy here. We put up an ad, nobody liked it (except the couple people that bought stuff) so we took the ad down. Not trying to hide anything. We are a legit for-profit business that pays taxes, we have an FFL and state dealer license and we are not illegally shipping hazmat goods.

So now I have THIS to look forward to....................
Only if you slam the sh*t out of the primer.

Like I said, I folded primers in half like a taco and they didn't go off.

I will assume the people that blow them up really go at it hard to set it off.

Only if you slam the sh*t out of the primer.

Like I said, I folded primers in half like a taco and they didn't go off.

I will assume the people that blow them up really go at it hard to set it off.

Crunching primers sideways does not press the pointy thing that goes up against the cup. It's like the difference between a guilty person wearing flats and a not guilty person in stiletto heels.

Crunching primers sideways does not press the pointy thing that goes up against the cup. It's like the difference between a guilty person wearing flats and a not guilty person in stiletto heels.
Do you reload?

What pointy thing are you talking about?

(Yes, I need to clean my press)

This is what pushes the primers. This is a 750, I will assume the 650 looks similar.

20210429_130211.jpg

On a LEE is looks like this

20210429_130339.jpg

I assume he means the anvil in the primer cup?
Exactly. I probably should have said "inside of the primer cup". You either appreciated the "that goes up" reference or you didn't.

And yes, I have been reloading handgun loads for decades. No experience with rifle reloading.

If you hit it just right it doesn't take a lot of pressure.
I've crushed them flat sideways but set off one in a case where the wall of the spent primer cup was struck in the pocket.

Guys - there's no conspiracy here. We put up an ad, nobody liked it (except the couple people that bought stuff) so we took the ad down. Not trying to hide anything. We are a legit for-profit business that pays taxes, we have an FFL and state dealer license and we are not illegally shipping hazmat goods.
I just read some posts regarding your ad. While I think it's super grimy to sell for that price, I don't fault you for attempting it. The fact that you say people actually paid $250/brick....that blows my mind that some people are either that desperate or have nothing better to spend their money on.

I just read some posts regarding your ad. While I think it's super grimy to sell for that price, I don't fault you for attempting it. The fact that you say people actually paid $250/brick....that blows my mind that some people are either that desperate or have nothing better to spend their money on.
Well they are in weston....$250 is meaningless to those folks lol. Then again, with that kind of money would you even bother reloading? I dunno

It’s really no different than the prices some folks are willing to spend on a new Glock.
I’ve said it before, what seems like a lot of money to you and me might just be spare change to someone else. Primers, guns, cars, wristwatches, etc. they can be had at all price ranges.

It’s really no different than the prices some folks are willing to spend on a new Glock.
I’ve said it before, what seems like a lot of money to you and me might just be spare change to someone else. Primers, guns, cars, wristwatches, etc. they can be had at all price ranges.
Lol the overwhelming majority of reloaders are typically not part of the low information gun owner demographic, it's nothing at all like some pant shitter guy overpaying for a 23 year old Glock.

$250/k is cosby with extra roofies and bbq sauce rape even by well off reloader standards.

Thankfully it still seems to be pretty rare phenomenon.....

It really is. Dillon came out with the 750 as a response. It's basically a 650 with a 550 primer mechanism.

Shawn detonated his. I load a LOT more 9mm than he does, and I haven't blown mine up (yet?). I've loaded at least 30K rounds of 9mm on mine, plus much lesser quantities of other pistol calibers. I know four or five guys who have 650's and Shawn's the only one I know who's done this. I've read other accounts, but it really does seem to be pretty rare.

Lol the overwhelming majority of reloaders are typically not part of the low information gun owner demographic, it's nothing at all like some pant shitter guy overpaying for a 23 year old Glock.

$250/k is cosby with extra roofies and bbq sauce rape even by well off reloader standards.

100 bucks per 1000 is where I'm drawing the line. I'm not even pricing out the individual cost of the round - it's that 1000 primers cost me 32$ a year ago. I see no reason to pay more than 100/1000 and I think that's pretty obnoxious.

It really is. Dillon came out with the 750 as a response. It's basically a 650 with a 550 primer mechanism.

Shawn detonated his. I load a LOT more 9mm than he does, and I haven't blown mine up (yet?). I've loaded at least 30K rounds of 9mm on mine, plus much lesser quantities of other pistol calibers. I know four or five guys who have 650's and Shawn's the only one I know who's done this. I've read other accounts, but it really does seem to be pretty rare.

100 bucks per 1000 is where I'm drawing the line. I'm not even pricing out the individual cost of the round - it's that 1000 primers cost me 32$ a year ago. I see no reason to pay more than 100/1000 and I think that's pretty obnoxious.
It’s definitely obnoxious, but a year from now it may be a steal.

This is the nicest thing you've ever said to me... Indirectly of course because I reload. Now I gotta go to Dean Safety to buy a Shield. Be back later.

Last edited:
Well they are in weston....$250 is meaningless to those folks lol. Then again, with that kind of money would you even bother reloading? I dunno
Ngl, I didn't know what the average income was for Weston until just now. Not to justify price gouging by any means, but I think per round, you'd still come out cheaper reloading even with primers at $250/k.

That is definitely true, even I am willing to pay MA prices for a glock just to get one!

Depends why they reload. Everyone is different.

I dont reload to save money, I reload to get quality ammo that works for a specific handgun/rifle without having to worry about it being in stock.

I just happen to save money in the process, but that wasn't the driver for me.

That being said, paying $250/1K primers is pretty retarded and I wouldn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom